Strange noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange noises

heard the strangest noise in my shop last night one I have never heard before it was a loud wacking smacking sound and at the same time I couldn't for the life of me understand why my work piece was jumpimg all about dohhhhhhhh hey dummy you put your blade in upside down hey theres always a first time heeheheheheh
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

I've done that and thought something was wrong with the saw.

It kept picking up my piece of wood and WACKING back on the surface. I couldn't hold on to that piece to save my life.

Then I thought there was something wrong with the blade, like I had used the wrong size.

Finally, I figured out that stoopid me had put it in upside down.

Definitely won't happen again.
    Kelly
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Did you hear about the family that came home from a two week vacation and heard a noise from the work shop/garage? Upon checking it out they found the garage door had came down ont the foot pedal of thier scrollsaw and it had been running for the entire time they were gone.
      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckD
        Did you hear about the family that came home from a two week vacation and heard a noise from the work shop/garage? Upon checking it out they found the garage door had came down ont the foot pedal of thier scrollsaw and it had been running for the entire time they were gone.

Was that the only time you did it?
        Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

been there done that...the strange noise in my shop that drives me batty is when a cricket sneeks in through the overhead door seal and starts chirping. I won't stop tearing the place apart till i find him and then, well, u know.
          Jeff Powell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
            What is it?
            by will8989
            Bruce was bored and made this. What is it?...
            Today, 10:57 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to First you need to make a mess
            by will8989
            It was a challenge that’s for sure. I didn’t start anything until I was all finished. It’s nice to have a clean area to work in! My biggest challenge was all those pieces of scrap wood that I just might need “someday.” They burned well in my son’s woodstove. And I did get through all the patterns....
            Today, 10:54 PM
          • tgiro01
            Reply to First you need to make a mess
            by tgiro01
            Wow - Betty, what do you charge. I have things to do and I'm in the process of cleaning my shop, just to have room to do it. My problem is that I get the work bench cleared and then start working on projects again. I really need to do the workbench last.
            Today, 10:05 PM
          • tgiro01
            Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
            by tgiro01
            I ordered and received the ORTUR Laser Master 2 from Amazon, the but haven't had a chance to even get it out of the box. Too much going
            on right now. I got the 20 watt version, which is supposed to be good for cutting, but I don't think I'll be doing much of that. There will be a learning curve...
            Today, 09:57 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Sue Mey's site
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Rick---if you are looking for a fretwork piece perhaps you could take 2 patterns and merge them into 1....
            Today, 09:16 PM
          Working...
          X