Log Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log Cabin

I made this log cabin incense burner with some dowels and poplar scrap I had laying around, I drilled a hole thru the chimney for the smoke to pass thru and the roof lifts off to place the incense in. I have to say it works pretty good.
    Attached Files
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

That really is my sort of project . I bet it would be popular at craft fairs and suchlike too.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Hey Bill,

That is a nifty idea, how big is it?
      And I hope you don't mind if some of us use or adapt it?

That poplar looks curly, are my eyes deceiving me?

And lastly, what did you use under the incense so the house wouldn't burn down , metal or tile?

Regards,
      Marcel
      http://marleb.com
      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Bill thats pretty darn cute. but insents, mmmmmmmmmmm yuk. but i do love the idea. Evie

Comment

It measures 4 x 3 1/2 x 4 1/4 tall, Marcel the only thing I can tell you regarding the curly is I didn't use a pre stain conditioner on it and I think on the edges I could of sanded it alot smoother, for the incense holder I used a metal beer bottle cap with a drop of CA glue to hold it in place.
          Pllease feel free to use this idea any way you like.........

Thanks all for the compliments.
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Bill, that's the cutest little portrait I've ever seen you show. Where did you get the pattern?

Seriously, that is a neat little incense burner. Did you see the idea in a magazine or were the wheels in your head turning that fast?

I agree with Gill. That would probably be a good seller, mainly because it's unique. People are impressed by things they haven't seen before. Too many products at craft shows are the same old crap all the time. People want and demand something new, and this is definitely it. They would also buy it because it was created by an artist.
            Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
            www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Evie,
              I once had some incense that smelled just like pine when it burned.
              If we could find some more of it, I bet no woodworker could resist it - pine smells soooo good!
              Sandy
              Bill,
              A beer cap!! What a good use for them! And what a good idea!
              Now you need to scroll a window with some curtains, and a cupola...
              Nah!! Just kidding. You done great.
              Sandy

Comment

Great work and Idea
                Charlie
                "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

It's adorable and would look great on my mantel in the living room.

May need to make one of these. Although, I'm not much for incense it would still look great just as is up there with all our assorted moose.

May have to carve a couple of simple trees to go along with the woodland theme. . .oh, geez something else to add to my to do list.

At least it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.
                  Kelly
                  "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Bill,
                    Well now how kewl is that ? It's kind've nice to venture away from flat stuff and breathe some different air for a change ...for me it's kinda cleansing. You're a pretty clever fella !
                    Good job !
                    ...~Robert~
                    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X