My other love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My other love

Hi folks, I thought i would shar my other love. these are tamari balls. the first one is the one i am working on now. its called a spirale.it is not finised yet,, and the second one is just some others i have done.I have done about 50 of these buties. I know it is not woodworking, but this is what i do , inbetween my fretwork. your friend Evie

woops didn't load. trying again Evie
    Attached Files

Comment

wow...

those are nice Evie..
      you going to tell us how to make one...

Trout
      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
      Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

thanks Trout. sure i could if you really wont me too. you can even do fish on them. the first one , of the spirale. would make a great scrollsaw pattern dont you think. your friend Evie

Comment

Dang Sis those are gorgeous
          How long does it take to do one of those and like Trout said are ya gonna tell us how to make one ?

your lil brother,
          Charlie,
          Charlie
          "Everything Happens for a Reason"
          Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

HO HO little brother. well i wish i could do them as fast as scrolling. but most of them take me about 10 hours. and yes i would teach you if you would like. I bet your wife would love to do these,. thanks for the complements. Evie

Comment

would probably take me 10 days to do a small one of those lol
              but would be fun to try though :-)

your lil brother,
              Charlie
              Charlie
              "Everything Happens for a Reason"
              Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Those look fantastic Evie;
                Sure is nice to have a variety of hobbies.
                You are very talented and thanks for showing them to us..
                W.Y.

This is an edit;
                I showed them to my wife and she also thought they looked wonderfull. She is a quilter.
                Then on the second look at them I noticed that some are sitting on some pretty nifty looking base's/pedestals that look like lathe turnings.
                Come one now . . . are you holding out on us ? ? Are you also a turner ? ?
                Last edited by William Young (SE BC); 08-20-2006, 06:11 PM.
                http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Evie, I'm in awe.

Those tamari balls are so beautiful. Thank you for showing them to us.

Gill
                  There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                  (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Lovely

Evie,

Those are beautiful!

That first one, by itself, somehow makes me think of a beautiful planet.

I imagine they are made on top of Styrofoam balls?

And as Bill said, the bases are also nice, who turned them?

Your talent shines again.

Lovingly,
                    Marcel
                    http://marleb.com
                    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Hi Evie, I agree with everyone else, those Tamari balls are beautiful. I would love to know how to make them. So give it up girl, and let us know how you do it.
                      Marsha
                      PS: if you're not sure of your spelling, send the instructions to me in a pm and I'll decipher it for you and post it on the forum
                      Marsha
                      LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Evie those a just beautiful and I just love the variety of colors you have used
                        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

AAAAWWWWWWWWW now thats just what i needed today. lots of uuuusss and aaaawwws. yes they are made ontop of a foam ball. raped with yarn, then thread, then divided then stiched. it would take along time to post how they are all done, of course. but i would love to teach anyone how to do them. thanks to all of you for responding to this thread. that just goes to show you, how we all love all forms of art. and for me demention. in all formes. I have been haveing a bad time at home. and can always count on my family here to build me up. thank you. sorry to be so vain. but i just needed some love. thanks. your friend Evie

Comment

Oh Ya, I forgot, yes i am dabbaling in turning. but on a small scal. all the peddalstals are done out of wood on my ranch. just some pieces of wood, I cut down for fire wood. and put on the lath, for my tamari balls. it is a fun thing. like i could do a relly nice bowl. I do go to most the tool shows in my area. and drull over the things those guys do. lots of learning here. thanks for noticeing WY. and all the others. If you love wood. you love wood. right. always your friend Evie

Comment

Wow Evie. Those are really neat. After looking at yours I did a little search and found so many sites about this craft. I even found a couple that are really informative on how it's done for those of you who want to give it a try. The first link is a simple how-to for beginners. The second link has a lot of other links buried inside and is probably more for the advanced persons, but there is a link for beginners that my be useful.

http://www.temari.com/tips.htm

http://www.temarikai.com/
                              Jim
                              DeWalt DW788 & Dremel 1680

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X