2006 Pasture Pickin' Bluegrass Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Pasture Pickin' Bluegrass Festival

I just arrived home today from another bluegrass festival in Libby, Montana. It was an 8 day one but I had to return three days early due to health issues and I don't trust my out of country insurance.
    I didn't get around to taking near as many pictures as I expected to because the last three days are always the best ones . But I did get a few pictures and made up an album in my PictureTrail site just for this event.
    In previous years I was not in any of the pictures and I was asked if I could be next time. This was next time so I am in a few of them.
    Here is where you can view the few pictures that I brought home.
    Just click on my Picturetrail albums site below.
    It is the top left album in my albums site.
    W.Y.
    Last edited by William Young (SE BC); 08-18-2006, 01:54 AM.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Bill.....every Thursday evening, during the summer, we have anywhere from 15 to 30 pickers who come to the Riverfront Park in Ravenswood, WV. to jam Bluegrass, Gospel and "Old Style Country". All levels of talent are welcome to participate. Very informal gathering of musicians and LOTS of listeners. BTW...nice pics and thanks for sharing.
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Bill,
      It looks like a good time, I hope you feel better soon.
      Great pictures,thanks for sharing.
      Bill
      Delta P-20

Comment

Neal;
        When I was much younger and lived out east we made several trips down to Wheeling West Virginia to their Sat night auditorium show. And of course a few trips to the Nashville Grand Ole Opry show.
        I have a son living in VA where he is in the construction business. He is just a few miles from where June Carter and Johny Cash had a ranch up in the hills and he has seen the old worn out tour busses in their backyard. Of course June and Johny are deceased now but my son Philip said she used to come to the local coffee shop regularly and would come in there in rubber boots and jeans and chat with him.

Bill;
        I'm OK now . I'm a tough old bird. It was just that I didn't want to go for medical attention in USA because I have heard too many horror stories about the big bucks we have to pay for out of country health insurance not being worth the paper the policy is written on. I was only 1.5 hours from the border so I chose to come home.
        I would liked to have stayed the full 8 days as usual but it is also nice to be home again.

W.Y.
        http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X