All I Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I Need

Thats the title of this Jeff Zaffino pattern, and after spending the better part of the day cutting it (98 degrees today) in an un-airconditioned shop, all I need is a cold beer and a shower. And maybe some asprin

Maybe it was the heat, or I just didn't study it well enough before I started cutting it, but this pattern caused me some problems, and I had to change my plan of attack several times while cutting it, the rear of the horse and it's leg's provided me with a real challenge. I'm just glad it's done.
    I think I might just take a break from cutting tomorrow! ......NAAAH!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ozarkhillbilly; 08-07-2006, 10:28 PM.
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Bill it turned out good. I , as a unexsperianced J F scroller surtanly can see how the back legs gave you fits. there is just nothing there. you did it justice though. maybe you should give it a break for now. this one looks great. but you are putting too much in to it. why don't you do something more simpale. give us little guys a chance to catch up. NOT. You go for it guy. your doing great. just maybe some sleep would be ok. and a hug from your wife. your friend Evie

Comment

Verrrrrry nice Bill. I'd take a break after something like this project too. Although, I can't imagine you having a problem with a pattern.
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Bill,
        I can see where you might have a problem in that area - there's nothing there!! I'm glad it didn't hinder you - that's yet another fine cutting.
        Do you buy your frames, or make them? I'm asking because that one goes pretty well with the cutting, and it is sized just right. I've been drooling over some of Jeff's patterns in a catalog - I think it is the Wooden Teddy Bear. Anyhow, I was noticing that they are all over the place in size - no uniformity at all. That must play heck with framing them. Or do you only cut the ones that fit the ordinary frame sizes, like 8 x 10 or 11 x 14?
        Anyhoo, great job guy! Don't let any sweat fall on your cuttings!
        Sandy

Comment

Awesome work, Bill! I am looking at trying a JZ pattern also. Now I just have to make the time. My work schedule is booked til mid Sept. Next day off is about the 29th (so far). You are turning out some pretty awesome work lately. Keep up the great job!

Tim
          "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Bill I can see where you had your problems on his legs-- but next time -- or the way I do it -- is I keep the scothch tape close by my saw and reapply the pieces as they are cut out . I am guessing you used a spiral blade which is what you should have used-- then you don't have to get the tension so tight but good and snug. these little tricks help me and I use a small blade at a slow speed on something with this many cuts-- hope I don't sound like a know it all since you didn't tell what problems you had it just was how I saw it

Love ya -bro-- Sharon

Comment

Geez, problems!!!!! I don't see no stinking problems. What I do see is yet another FINE ozarkhillbilly piece of art! Well done, sir.
              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Thanks everyone

Evie, I got some sleep and gave the wife a big hug, but I'm thinking next time I wont tell her "Evie told me to" she gave me a very strange look

Sandy, I buy 98% of my frames from Wal-Mart, and yes some of Jeff's patterns are some odd sizes, but thus far I have only cut 11x14 and 8x10.

Sharon, the scotch tape trick is exactly how I got thru my dilemma, after I fished the scrap I had removed from out of my scrap bucket I cut it and tossed it with out thinking. A few specially selected words later when it hit me what I had done. Wish I had a smiley like Gill had with me banging my head on the wall.

I'm thinking about cutting something much simpler today........
                Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

bill it looks good. great cutting.

Comment

Another beauty

Bill,

You are the man!

Another beauty. (And simpler stuff will bore you now )

Have fun,
                    Marcel
                    http://marleb.com
                    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                      Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                      by will8989
                      Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                      Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by will8989
                      Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                      Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by will8989
                      He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                      Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Sundays market
                      by will8989
                      We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                      Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                    Working...
                    X