Thomp update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomp update

I just got an email from Thomp yesterday. I have missed his jokes and comments here lately.

The heat has been getting to him a little and a recent thunderstorm fried his PC.
    He has now got a new one and is just getting used to it.
    He is getting over a bronchial infection.
    I am not sure if he is still carving or scrolling but once he feels up to it I am sure he will have stuff to share with us.

Here's to Thomp we miss you bud.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Thanks for the report Carl, I've been missing Thomp was myself.
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Same here, Thanks for the update. Best wish's Thomp!!!
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Thanks Carl, I do miss him too. I am so glad he is only fried, and getting over some bad illness. Gosh I thought he was glued to hes shop for sure, Ok not funny, I really do miss him. and I hope he will be back soon. He really has alot of noledg, is that a word? and miss his imput. things are good here, but we do miss are friends and family , when they are not here. hope what ever is going on with you Bill. woops Thomp. I hope you get over it soon, and come back to us. we love you. your friend Evie sorry folks private joke.
        Last edited by minowevie; 08-07-2006, 08:21 AM.

Comment

We all miss you Thumpty dump ---- Don't over do in the heat and please --please take care of your little pea-pickin self.. Hurry back home to us and we'll keep the porch light on fer ya....
          Sharon

Comment

Still Alive And Kicking....

Sorry for the long absence, but couldn't be helped...

caught a spring bug from the grandchildren, (little germ incubators) but ya gotta love them.

it turned into a bronchial problem, which resulted into spraing rib from coughing so much, then the computer took a hit from mother nature took out the motherboard, i was able to retrieve mu info from the drives,

then after all of that a dadgum red wasp looking for something inside my sleeve decided he was threatened and give me a little bite, being allergic, 10 minuets later i was in the emergency room waiting for my shot of whatever they give me because I'm allergic to benadryl as well....
            so i spent the first day i felt better from the bronchial problem. in the emergency room,
            still have been weak as a sick cat since, haven't had enough confidence to pick up a knife or a drill to scroll since all this started...

now with central louisiana 110 heat index not just sure when ill be back into the swing, nearly all my med are labeled keep out of direct heat while taking this med....

medications I'm on keep me procrastinating dizzy and unable to concentrate to get a plan worked out to get started on WAAH WAAH!

enough about all that it didnt kill me so i guess it made me stronger????

I do have a plan in making a dust-removal system from a burnt out 110vt air conditioner fan motor even if it just ejects the dust out the window into the side yard..but Procrastinating . but that's the plan for now, and to stop in and bugs yawl's more often...
            later
            and love to all specially Lil sis
            thomp
            Dremel 1680 & Delta ss250 shopmaster

Comment

Ewwwwww Thump -- Being in the upper left hand corner of your great state -- I am 20 miles from louisiana line -- near Texarkana ---- I know the heat you are having all to well -- This isn't fit for man or beast to be out in .. Stay cool and take your time on getting a heat stroke Sharon

Comment

Thomp, gosh it is great to see you posting again. sorry to hear of all your bad luck. Hopefully you are on the mend. keeping your meds cool, that must be a chore. it will cool off soon i hope. and maybe well see you back more often. I will say alittle preyor for ya. we miss you around here. we are gifted to have are Sharon back with us. and now , maybe we will see more of you too. hang in there my friend. Evie

Comment

Hey Thomp,

Take care of yourself, and get back to us healthy.

I was going to say: "Think of this heat when it gets to 30 below zero next winter"

But it probably never gets 30 below zero in your neck of the woods. It does in mine

Regards,
                  Marcel
                  http://marleb.com
                  DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Sharron Evie and Marcelle,

it was a good one today, only around 100, but humidity was good enough i think i could have swam in the air through the humidity, the feeling on your body is that of one of moms old quilts in winter, (Marcelle) that's what i think of in our 45-30* winters here,
                    the grass dose go dormant but unless we have a killer frost we don't loose color of the grass....

yep 30 below would be nice for a week, that would mean plumbers would be back in work hardly anybody has their pipes wrapped properly here, and ashamed to admit it I'm one of them...
                    but it would take a month for the weather to get this hot again..

Evie I'm not worried about the medicine getting hot, it says people taking the medicine are not suppose to get hot.. it makes me dizzier as far as i know... and I'm at a level i think i need the doctor to send me some sea sickness pills as it is.....

later all.
                    Thomas
                    Dremel 1680 & Delta ss250 shopmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Thomp
                      Sharron Evie and Marcelle,

it was a good one today, only around 100, but humidity was good enough i think i could have swam in the air through the humidity, the feeling on your body is that of one of moms old quilts in winter, (Marcelle) that's what i think of in our 45-30* winters here,
                      the grass dose go dormant but unless we have a killer frost we don't loose color of the grass....

yep 30 below would be nice for a week, that would mean plumbers would be back in work hardly anybody has their pipes wrapped properly here, and ashamed to admit it I'm one of them...
                      but it would take a month for the weather to get this hot again..

Evie I'm not worried about the medicine getting hot, it says people taking the medicine are not suppose to get hot.. it makes me dizzier as far as i know... and I'm at a level i think i need the doctor to send me some sea sickness pills as it is.....

later all.
                      Thomas
                      gosh thomp. you sure got your helling cut out for ya. just throw some leaves over the pipes. or some old rags. get to it when you can. and put some ice in front of your fan, maybe in a pan. or cooler. to keep you cool. if you have ice. every thing will turn out ok. just keep you head up. gosh we just don't know when we have it good. till something brings us down. thomp, i know it is easy to say, but hold your head up. and just fight this dragon. you will come out ok. youll be back in the saddale soon. just ask your little sis. Sharon. she is one who knows. anyway, love ya little brother. Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X