Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To SSST #1 (Special ScrollSaw Team)..

SSST 1,

The chicken wants out badly, so will be set free tommorrow (Saturday).

Stand by for further announcements.

Out.
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Sometimes the loneliness of a workshop is too much for even the best of us.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Has the rooster crowed yet?
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

OOOOOOHHHHHHHH Goody Goody !!!!!! I am ready to make DUMPLINS !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller
          Has the rooster crowed yet?
          The rooster will fly tomorrow.

Out.
          ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

air born.....

SSST #1

The rooster has flown the coop.

Repeat, the rooster has flown the coop.

Expect landing Tuesday.

Out.

D. Platt

Comment

Drats !!!!!!!!

Comment

Dumplins?

Sharon,

I'm curious: How do you make dumplins?

I'm not even sure what they are... well... food, yea, but what?

Curiously,
                Marcel
                http://marleb.com
                DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Ooooh Marcel... you haven't tried dumplings? You must!

I'm hoping Sharon's going to post her recipe, but in the meantime here's one from The Blessed Delia:

Irish Stew with Dumplings

Of course, you don't have dumplings in an authentic Irish Stew but such considerations have never stopped Delia in the past, and nobody gives a hoot . On this side of the Pond, she's regarded as the cooking guru, a latter day Mrs Beaton.

Gill
                  There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

Marc-- Dumplins ( in my book 0 ARE A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN RIGHT HERE ON EARTH -- SIMPLE FOOD BUT HEAVENLY !!1 Most people have never had a good bowl of Chicken and Dumplins and it is tricky to make a really good bowl but I was taught to make The best you ever wraped your tooth and tounge around.. Make your broth by boiling a chicken ( long ago it was aa rooster cause they are to tough to fry) until it falls off the bone - Some like to keep bone in the pot for sicking on.. Gross but good. Then remoce chicken and save-- Make your dumplin by making a biscuit dough -- yes type and brand of flour does matter-- and crisco-- roll out to about 1/4-1/2 inch cut in strips -- set aside.... add milk -- evaporated milk -- special spices -- a couple of shaved carrots- and bring to a good stady boil-- careful mot to burn milk-- drop dough back into boiling soup - careful cant let them clump-- quickley cover and cook for ----------- long-- -- turn off stove and dig into a big bowl of heaven -- Oh I forgot to tell you what too do with the chicken -- put it back in if you want-- I usually rather just have the dark meat cause it is better-- careful on sucking on the bone cause it isn't something you want to eat when you want to impress someone -- I keep the bone out of the pot but heck Even I have manners.......

Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by bearfretworks
                      SSST #1

The rooster has flown the coop.

Repeat, the rooster has flown the coop.

Expect landing Tuesday.

Out.

lol bearfret......
                      ya know if i bring you to my therapy group the doc would be so happy to find "someone special" like you, that i wouldnt have to pay anymore....
                      Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
                      "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

'Allo 'allo, Nighthawk. Listen very carefully - I shall say this only once. Our coop is already full of roosters and we 'ave no stuffing. Not even a little dumpling.

Yvette

Comment

.....hic.....been finishing with lacquer......and no.....ventilation....hic....

....and Sharon's gone and made me hungry.....

D. Platt

Comment

Originally posted by SharonW0111
                            Marc-- Dumplins ( in my book 0 ARE A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN RIGHT HERE ON EARTH -- SIMPLE FOOD BUT HEAVENLY !!1 Most people have never had a good bowl of Chicken and Dumplins and it is tricky to make a really good bowl but I was taught to make The best you ever wraped your tooth and tounge around.. Make your broth by boiling a chicken ( long ago it was aa rooster cause they are to tough to fry) until it falls off the bone - Some like to keep bone in the pot for sicking on.. Gross but good. Then remoce chicken and save-- Make your dumplin by making a biscuit dough -- yes type and brand of flour does matter-- and crisco-- roll out to about 1/4-1/2 inch cut in strips -- set aside.... add milk -- evaporated milk -- special spices -- a couple of shaved carrots- and bring to a good stady boil-- careful mot to burn milk-- drop dough back into boiling soup - careful cant let them clump-- quickley cover and cook for ----------- long-- -- turn off stove and dig into a big bowl of heaven -- Oh I forgot to tell you what too do with the chicken -- put it back in if you want-- I usually rather just have the dark meat cause it is better-- careful on sucking on the bone cause it isn't something you want to eat when you want to impress someone -- I keep the bone out of the pot but heck Even I have manners.......

Sharon
                            Oh my G--- Sharon I new you had it up your sleeve. Now I am so hungrey. ok now , hubby watch out. for i am going for it. mmmmmmmmmmmmm you got it girl. your friend Evie

Comment

The fox is in the know.
                              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                              "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                              Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by NC Scroller
                                I get them from Amazon. I normally buy them in packages of 100....
                                Today, 07:37 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by NC Scroller
                                Leading up to my retirement I too worried about who would replace me. Truth be told I was more worried than my management. It took a couple months after my retirement for the feelings to go away. Now I only miss the people and not the job.
                                Today, 07:32 AM
                              • will8989
                                Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                                Today, 12:59 AM
                              • will8989
                                Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                                Today, 12:46 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                                Today, 12:27 AM
                              Working...
                              X