You Gotta Start Somewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Gotta Start Somewhere

Alright here is my latest, just got it put in the frame, I took the picture of it behind glass, I think I'll remove the glass.

It was stacked cut on 1/8 red oak plywood, and is 8x10. WHEW!!! 228 holes and if I wasn't good at shaving my cuts before.....I am now. My wife thinks it is to busy for an 8x10. I told her hush and go fix supper!
    Attached Files
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Bill you did right. tell mom to go fix dinner. for this is a great project too. and i agree. take the glass off. but boy . you are on the way to a new Jeff here. I can see you have a new lust for scrolling , and your doing it well. Jeff watch out. you have groun in leaps and bounds, I think I will have to try one of Jeffs works. now my self. can I come to you for advice. your doing so well. your old friend Evie

Comment

Very, very nice ! Man you shore do some purdy work
      Me, I would have saved the comments for after supper
      ....I do love my groceries
      ...~Robert~
      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

LOL Robert. I should have thought of that. mmmmmmmmm am i hungrey
        woops I forgot my man is fishing. so I don't have to cook. but I am still hungry

Comment

Hi Bill

First, let me stress how much I admire your skill. You've clearly put a lot of effort into this project and you've got every reason to be proud of it... but I'm on your wife's side with regard to the pattern design .

The pattern is trying to cram in too much for my taste. At first I thought the horse's head was actually a blanket thrown over the fence, and I had to look really hard to pick out the dog.

I'm loathe to criticise the work of others because I don't take criticism well myself. I hope you'll take my comments as being constructive; that's how they're meant. Although I have the highest regard for your work, this is the first project of yours that doesn't tick all the boxes for me. It's still pretty good, though.

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Well I liked it, didn't think it was too busy, but I would have fixed supper and you would have had to duck as it came sailing toward you in the cast iron frying pan!!! Just joking! Don't everyone go yelling at me! ACtually, I wouldn't have fixed supper because I DON"T LIKE TO COOK! Good Job.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Looks wonderful to me Bill
              Great Job

Charlie,
              Charlie
              "Everything Happens for a Reason"
              Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Evie, what ever you need just ask, but I'll tell you right now, all you need to do is, take your time, follow the lines, have fun! Oh, yeah and have a cold one ready to go

Gill, all comments, good or bad are welcome. How else can one learn and grow? so with that said.....Hush!! Where's my supper????

Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

And how many stitches did it take to sew up the back side of your head?????

228 holes? I've got that pattern and there is 263 holes! did you mis cut or skip a few? Just kidding. Great job on an interesting pattern!!
                  Last edited by bearfretworks; 07-29-2006, 02:21 AM.
                  ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
                    Alright here is my latest, just got it put in the frame, I took the picture of it behind glass, I think I'll remove the glass.

It was stacked cut on 1/8 red oak plywood, and is 8x10. WHEW!!! 228 holes and if I wasn't good at shaving my cuts before.....I am now. My wife thinks it is to busy for an 8x10. I told her hush and go fix supper!
                    Bill it looks great. keep it up on cutting supper can wait.

Comment

Good job Bill.
                      Bill
                      Delta P-20

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X