Tactile Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactile Art

I'm starting this thread because I was sort of dragging Old Dust's thread on a TV program way off topic. Gill's comments sparked a thought that really applies to scrolling as a form of "tactile art". I think that's the operative word that really describes what we do and what makes it art rather than crafts. Whether it be fretwork, portraits, segmentation, intarsia or clocks....the flowing lines and composition of of a really nice piece make it not only something pleasing to look at, peoply really want to touch it. I can't think of one person who has seen my portraits hanging on the walls that hasn't reached up and ran their fingers over them. I'd bet that those of you that do shows or show your work to friends experience the same thing. People just seem to HAVE to touch it.
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
    Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
    by Quartz43
    Maybe nothing has changed ? But is there anything that can be done to make it easier. The very large projects are difficult to copy over several pages and put together properly. I believe in making improvements and not preserving the status quo.

I enjoy the challenge of cutting a project...
    Yesterday, 08:48 PM
  • keystonecop
    by keystonecop
    This is not a problem with the magazine for my issue.. It is a problem with the book having resized the drawings without giving the actual size.

I do again apologize for my post.. I cannot use the right words to explain it.. so maybe someone should just remove the post....
    Yesterday, 07:29 PM
  • markdavd
    by markdavd
    Reading these replies, I am still trying to figure out what the problem really is. I haven't noticed changes in how they publish recently and I don't think I ever had trouble making copies of of the patterns I want to cut.

How did you copy the patterns 10 years ago? What has changed?...
    Yesterday, 06:43 PM
  • Quartz43
    by Quartz43
    I am very glad to hear this and that Fox will look into the issue. Hopefully, they can do some things to try to make it easier to copy patterns.
    Yesterday, 06:34 PM
  • keystonecop
    by keystonecop
    First I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest. Sorry for that. I will share that Kaylee Schofield reached out to me after my post (not sure if this forum or Facebook. From my past experience with her, she cares. I do believe she will address this issue. I do not think she is the type of person...
    Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Working...
X