Global Warming? Bring It On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming? Bring It On!

It's very warm today. As I type, the temperature is 35C (95F) and the weather forecasters are predicting that a new record high could be set later today. The current record stands at 38.1C (100.6F) and was set in 2003.

Who says global warming is all bad? If it brings mediterranean summers to the UK, then I'm all in favor of it. Mind, the temperatures were once much higher than now - there are records of Roman vineyards as far north as the Scottish borders.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Man, that hot!

I must say, Gill, those temps are quite warm even for here in Florida. When I lived in the UK I remember people passing out in the streets when the temperature reached 70F (21C). Wow, what a difference. Hope you stay cool.

We have friends living in Manchester that just went back to live during the hot summers over here. Ha, what a surprise they have!

-Bill
    Last edited by wwalker47; 07-20-2006, 06:21 AM.
    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Originally posted by wwalker47
      I must say, Gill, those temps are quite warm even for here in Florida. When I lived in the UK I remember people passing out in the streets when the temperature reached 70F (C). Wow, what a difference. Hope you stay cool.

We have friends living in Manchester that just went back to live during the hot summers over here. Ha, what a surprise they have!

-Bill
      Ok Bill what did i mess. I thought you lived in calif. USA. maybe thats why you never answered my emails. MMMMMMMMMmm.
      Evie

Comment

Evie-

No not California, I live in Florida. I will answer your
        E-mails

-Bill
        -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Ok drats Bill, sorry , I thought you was the one who started the group in sanbernardino. Oh now i am in troubale. sorry. drats it is hot. must be the heat. up in the 100s here in calif. get my facts straight.(Saw dust on the brain). still your friend in calif.
          Evie
          Last edited by minowevie; 07-20-2006, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Jump Day

I know global warming is affecting the entire world.
            Several university profeesors have concluded that if 500 million people jump at the same time in the same hemisphere that we can change the orbit of the earth and therefor correct global warming.

Today is the official "Jump Day"
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Ok Carl for a shy guy. your sure jumping around alot. your friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Bruce, the one on probation
                by will8989
                is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                Today, 12:59 AM
              • will8989
                Sundays market
                by will8989
                When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                Today, 12:46 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by will8989
                I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                Today, 12:27 AM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                by jim_mex
                Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                Yesterday, 08:47 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                by KarlB
                Very well done!

Karl
                Yesterday, 07:36 PM
              Working...
              X