No announcement yet.

Back from Branson, Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill...I used to have grey hair and a red beard.....now everything is grey!!! I'll be doing Social Security in October but I still feel 25 inside....It's all relative....relative to what I don't know!!! Thanx for the great Pix. BTW....getting old is easy....LOL!!! All you have to do is keep breathing!!!
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neal Moore
      Bill...I used to have grey hair and a red beard.....now everything is grey!!! I'll be doing Social Security in October but I still feel 25 inside....It's all relative....relative to what I don't know!!! Thanx for the great Pix. BTW....getting old is easy....LOL!!! All you have to do is keep breathing!!!
      "now everything is grey" Gee Neal thats more information then I needed

Evie, here's a few more pics for ya, during the convention we had a fire alarm go off, everyone had to leave the nice air conditioned building to go out and wait in the parking lot and heat till the fire dept came and gave the all clear. not sure what caused the alarm, but I have a feeling it was Dale just following the instructions on the little red box on the wall, it said PULL
      Attached Files
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Dont incriminate me!!!!!!!! LOL I cant get my pix to post, it keeps telling me they are to large for some reason.
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Bill, first off , I didn't mean you looked old. darn , your a youngen yet. just that Bob looked young. and you know he does. or maybe thats couse he is. lol. anyway. the pictuers are great. and richard mentioned that you all had to go outside on a fire drill. looks like, you made the best of it. the next time thought shout. LOOK AT ME. so they would all turn around. Evie wonts to see you. LOL. and I can belive Dale done it. puntched the fire drill glass in the fire box. LOL gosh you guys all had fun, and I am so glad. I just wish I could have been there. but then maybe. Me and Dale would have gotton in way to much trobale. he'd be on the fire box, and i would be on the outside with the hose. lol. now that would have been fun, well maybe not, did anyone meet John Nelson, or Ernie Lang. Richard Preature, or cindy stuwart. or pat Lapoie. sorry about spelling. who was all there. and did you get any pictuers on the projects.? and did any of you go to any of the lectuers. how was that. did you learn anything. did any of you meet any others from this forum? I just wont to know it all. next year, I will be there. and no one will get away from me with out a hug. love ya all. thanks Bill. and to your little pretty wife. your friend Evie

Comment

Evie I did get to go to one seminar and that was Jeff Zaffino's, and I enjoyed it, especially because everyone who attended got a free pattern that he designed and hadn't even released yet!
            And yes I also met Richard, very nice man and.....this should yank your chain Evie cuz I know you love his patterns, I bought several of his patterns that he had at the show that aren't available yet on his site they are patterns of Victorian fretwork table mats. They're beautiful!!!
            I'm hearing rumours that Carole and Gail Jennings who have hosted the picnic for the past 3 years are going to take a break next year I hope it's a rumour, if not I hope that it will still happen thru another host. Otherwise we'll have to figuare out one of the other picnics to attend and meet up.
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Ok Bill , now I am jelous, you say Richard had some patterns of tabale mats. drats, thats just what i have been looking for. I have a couple small ones. but now i hear you have the new ones. boy did i miss out. how big are they. and how thick , no matter, thickness don't matter , i can make them what ever. I search Richards sight all the time for new patterns. but no tabale mats. or did you say Jeffs new patterns, sorry confused. Im so glad you had fun for all of us. and so glad you was inspierd, enouph to shar it all with us. thanks Bill. always your friend Evie

Comment

Ok Evie, No, I didnt set off the alarm there. really. It was one of them hot looking girls maybe, but it wasnt me. As for meeting people...in one day, you can meet so many great people.Not only the big names, but all the people, its really almost impossible to get enough in one day. And, the big names.... like for instance Dirk Boelman, or Jeff Zaffino, or Dan Wilckens. They are just like the rest of us. down to earth, and not stuck on themselfs and willing to sit and talk and enjoy your company as much as you enjoy theirs. I went to the same seminar as Bill, and yes, it was a great seminar, a great free pattern, lots of ideas to make cutting these type things easier, but most of all, just the chance learn from one of the great ones. I have met a lot of the designers over the past few years, and I still cant think of one designer that was ever to busy or to stuck up to say hi, or answer a question, or even just listen to me babble.Of course I saw Pat L there. I live less then an hour away from her, yet I never get a chance to drop in to her house and make her miserable for a few hours.John Nelson wasnt there, so his seminar was cancelled (loooooooooong story there, no...wait... really, really loooong story there, and no, I'm not telling it).I have met him a couple times in the past though. Jim Sweet was there,the Boelmans, as with the Wilckens ( I love their clock designs), Jeff Zaffino, Rick H,Toby,Bill the hillbilly, the ever famous Mike M, ohh the list goes on and on. As for meeting Richard, I have seen him at a few diffrent shows, and never really talked to him much, until after the picnic. Thats another thing ya missed evie, had a nice dinner in fine company (Richard and his wife, my wife and son,Mike M and his accomplice I cant think of his name, Bob D, and the Great Shannon.
                I do have some pictures, they will be posted in time, the one I want to post most I cant, it says file is to big, and im to stupid to know how to resize it!
                As already stated, it sounds as if this was the last Scrollsaw Celebration that will be hosted by Gail and Carole Jennings, and unsurprisingly, what a wonderful celebration it was! Dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Looks and sounds like everyone had a great time in Branson. Couldn't make Branson but am definitely attending the event at Richland Center, WI. First time ever attending one of those events.

Paul

Paul S.

Comment

I'll be in Richland Center too. Mike M will you have a booth there?
                    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Well, Bill, after reading your post, I just had to go, to Peculiar Fretworks just tuesday. the 18th of july. and look to see if the new patterns was there yet. Well no tabale mats. but did make a order anyway. like I can go there with out ordering well I just got my order today. WOW was that fast. I made the order at 8;15 tusday night. and recieved it today at noon. the 21st. now I have never recieve service like that. only 2 an 1/2 days wow. after all the talk about wildwoods, I sure was serprised. I am so glad there is still pattern sellers out there, that reley cair about their customers the way Richard does. thanks Richard... and Dale ... can you lower your pixales on your photoes? that will help you download them. can't wait to see, all the pictures. of all of you, haveing fun.
                      your frined Evie

Ps. I am sorry John N. didn't make it. I would have missed him for sure. and I have heard a story, but , I don't cair, He is still my hero. and I only wish someones private life would stay just that. and not interfear with their efforts in scrollilng up to date. I Love you John with great admeration. ((Mr Nelson.)) always your friend Evie
                      Last edited by minowevie; 07-21-2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Evie... as for me and adjusting my pixals on my photos.. it would be easier for me to give birth then to figure out how to do that. all I know is point and click, Im no photographer, or computer smart individual by any means.
                        About the Nelson thing, thats exactly why I didnt elaborate on it! And, I will be in Richland center as well, watch for the wierd guy with a yella and black nametag that says lucky 788 scroller, that'd be me! I am camping out at Alana springs, Ill throw in a few extra ears of corn to roast on the campfire if anyone else is stayin there from the ssdubyac family! Dale
                        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Branson, WAS GREAT!!!

Hi Bill, Evie and the whole bunch of you!!!
                          I have read throught this thread and really appreciated and enjoyed it. Evie, Your Table Mat pattern is on its way, a gift for your friendship. I attended the Richland Center, Wisconsin get together the last two years, but I won't be able to make it this year.
                          The rumors are correct that Gail and Carrol Jennings are not going to host a Branson, Missouri Picnic next year. I can understand the reasons, and discussed with my wife on the way home how we might start a get together in the Kansas City area. I would like to help, as I will really miss having the Branson Show next year. However, I doubt that we could put together a show of any quality in one year. If anyone reading is in the area and would be interested in helping with a K.C. event drop me a line.

Thanks for your friendship

Richard Preator
                          Peculiar Fretworks
                          Richard Preator

Comment

Man! I am really mad at myself now, I should have joined the group sooner so many went to Branson and I got short changed on hugs!!!! It was a fantastic time and what happens in Branson stays in Branson. I won't even say one word about IHOP lol
                            Sylvia
                            Sylvia
                            Support Our Troops

Comment

Hey Dale, You say your camping out at Alana Springs Campgrounds. Well so am I. I heard the campground is small so you shouldn't be difficult to find.
                              I'll be taking you up on those ears of corns so bring plenty. I'll bring the butter.

Paul S.

Paul S.

Comment

Party time at Alana Springs - we are camping there again this year.

Hey Dale, will they have firewood available there or will we need to get some on our way in? I can't remember from last year.

Pat Lupori

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                  Reply to Phone call from son.
                                  by will8989
                                  Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                                  Today, 10:53 PM
                                • garryatpa
                                  Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                                  by garryatpa
                                  Wow!!!! That is beautiful. Super job of sawing. If I worked it out correctly it took you less than a minute for each opening especially when I look at the amount of time it would take to saw the outline of the bear. Garry
                                  Today, 10:43 PM
                                • meflick
                                  Reply to Phone call from son.
                                  by meflick
                                  Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
                                  Today, 01:10 PM
                                • meflick
                                  Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                  by meflick
                                  Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
                                  Today, 01:04 PM
                                • John Smith
                                  Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                  by John Smith
                                  Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
                                  HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
                                  Today, 10:01 AM
                                Working...
                                X