Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Branson, Pics

I'm back! But that means the Branson picnic is over
    But it was awesome!!!! It was my first scroll saw picnic event and I can't wait till next year. I'm lucky in that I am only a few hours away from Branson.

Gosh, where do I start? I got to meet so many wonderful people and see some awesome scrollsaw art/projects. Not to mention there's plenty to do around Branson.

The list of people I met is long, but to name a few from this site. Bob D. and Shannon and Dale along with Mike Moorlach (I picked up alot of blades, especially after the "after the fire sale") more on that later. I was able to attend a couple of seminars but I'd have to say my favorite was given by Jeff Zaffino. I picked up alot of tips directly from the scource not to mention I now have enough of his patterns to keep me busy for a very long time. There was also Rick Hutcheson and Dirk Boleman there along with Carol and Gail Jennings, so many designers and people that I got to meet personally it was just an incredible experience and weekend.

Well I don't want to bore ya'll with to much chit chat, I'll load a few of these pictures for ya'll to look at and be back in a little while to tell you more, such as "the fire" story and more......

Sorry about the quality of my pictures, I just aim and shoot.
    Attached Files
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Bill
    Thanks for posting the pictures, if you have more please post them.

Bob
    Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

WHEW!!! no pictures of me! Thank heavens!! I wouldnt want to scare anyone away! Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Dale glad your home safe! Wait a minute.....your already home? I thought you drove? But you must of flew!

What?!! No pictures of Dale? I need to go check my camera again.... I could of swore I had one of you Skinny dippen in the hotel pool!
        Bill

DeWalt 788

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Yes, drove home, made it safe, and with NO speeding tickets!!!!! A long long day though!!! Dale
          about the skinny dippin .... what happens in branson, STAYS in branson!!
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Bill,
            I'm glad you had a nice experience at the picnic. Those are some great pictures. I hope to one day make it up to Branson to attend the event it looks like fun.
            I'll be looking for more Zaffino portraits from you.
            Bill
            Delta P-20

Comment

Bill-

Thanks for posting the photos. They were great! Tell us more.

Are you planning to go to the Fox Open House? I'll be there and will post some photos, especially of the quilt we did.

Sounds like you had a fab time I wish I could have made it there as well. I am planning to attend next year.

-Bill
              -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Ok Bill , Now I am sick with envey. drats missed all the great stuff. and Mikes & D's bridge looks great. and Mike you hansom divel you. wheres your pretty wife. Jeff looks like he is having a great time. and who did that Turkey. can't wait to see more of the pictures you took. I wont to see Dales,and lindas, picture. and,( where is yours ) did you take the duck ride RH talked about. next year I will be there for sure. and then youll be in for it. LOL> just kidding. gosh i missed you guys. your friend Evie

Comment

Originally posted by wwalker47
                  Bill-

Thanks for posting the photos. They were great! Tell us more.

Are you planning to go to the Fox Open House? I'll be there and will post some photos, especially of the quilt we did.

Sounds like you had a fab time I wish I could have made it there as well. I am planning to attend next year.

-Bill
                  Bill, can I ride in your trunk. I wont to go to the Fox Chaple Open House too. I live in calif. (upper deaseart) wouldn't it be great if we could get a goup discount? well maybe I should join the group first. Oh well. let me see what i can do. in the mean time. just wonting. your friend Evie

Comment

Evie thats me and Bob in the very first picture, and I'm sorry I don't know who did the turkey, it was one of the entrys and I just liked it, so I took a pic. I didn't take a duck ride, but stopped to take a picture of one for you. I only have a couple of picture of me and the wife together, I'll post them later for you.

Unfortunatley I wont be making it to the Fox Chapel Open House, or the Wisconson picnic I can handle more, just can't afford it or the time off from work.
                    Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

Hey Bill,

Are your whiskers a different color than the hair on top of your head or is it just a bad photo?

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you had a great time.

Mike
                      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

[QUOTE=Minnesota scroller]Hey Bill,

Are your whiskers a different color than the hair on top of your head or is it just a bad photo?

Thanks Mike! How nice of you to notice! Yes the face hair went grey, but the mop on top is still dark! Don't ask me why And the wife won't let me cut the whiskers and I ain't gonna color it, it's all natural baby
                        Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

They had a contest for how many apples they could grab with their teeth from a pail full of milk.
                          That'll do it every time
                          W.Y.
                          http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Bill I am with your wife, I wont let my hubby shave eather. nubber, yuk. looks like you guys had so much fun. maybe next year we can all get together. in the mean time thanks for sharing with us. and kmmmmm, I would like to see more pictures. LOL you do make Bob look young, but then I would make you look young. we are all right. I like the beard. don't shave. your friend Evie

Comment

Evie would be like granny on the beverly hillbillies!!!!! LOL
                              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                                Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                                Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                                Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by NC Scroller
                                I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                                Yesterday, 07:42 AM
                              Working...
                              X