Wildwood Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildwood Designs

Hi folks, on one of the other forums I frequent, there is some chatter about problems at Wildwood Designs. Such as very late shipments, and lost orders. Rude reception when people have called. I would like to ask here if people on this forum have experienced the same sorts of problems, or is just a problem with Canadian orders. I would like to place an order with them, however I am a bit hesitant.
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Marsha
    LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

yes Marsh I would be concerned my very 1st order from Wildwood took a whole month 3 weeks to fill it and 1 week to verify my CC and my e-mails went unanswered until the middle of the 4th week and I was one of those who posted concerns at thier forum
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

I've seen that lots of people have had problems since they changed hands and moved. Maybe somebody bit off more than they could chew.
      Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

I've placed an order last week and got an instant conirmation of my order and credit card processing. However a couple of things are on back order so hope that is not for too long in light of what you are saying here.
        Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

3D Woodart

I'm not trying to promote any other company just wondering if anyone know what has happened to the website 3D Woodart. Everytime I try to search as message pops up saying 'shop is temporarilly closed'. Tried sending an email - no reply!
          Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Marsha, I have orderd many patterns from wildwoods. and have always got great service. but i have not ordered anything since they moved. I know Cindy S owns it now. and she worked for wildwoods for along time. and is on the top of my list as a pattern maker. I know one of the gales moved with them ,and maybe others I don't know. and has been so polit to me, many times. alway willing to help. BUT I would make a guess. becouse of the lardge move and papper work. there is just alot for them all to do. I do hope they will get it all straightend out. for I just love their patterns. I have heard that Cindy is also trying to bring back the old Italion patterns. and it must be a big big job.
            I bet if we could all be patient, and be kind, they will get it all togerher soon. the only thing i have a beaf about is the price changes. but you do have to make a living out of your busness, or why do it. right. just hang in there. scrollsawing just came back into the woodworking world just a short time ago. and now every one wonts to do it , (and now). so i am sure there is alot of things to organize. and get straight. with out just shutting down .that would be a totale bummer. for folks like me. I am sure that it will be better than before.
            Evie

Comment

Hi Marsha.
              I beleive your intentions were the best but I would not have minded in the least if you had posted this link back to my site when you started a new topic.
              I beleive you should share the *original* topic information as well.
              That would be doing a service to members here because they would be able to read many others views on the on the same topic rather than only the views from this site
              Best regards.
              W.Y.
              Last edited by BobD; 07-17-2006, 07:18 AM. Reason: Abrasive post.
              http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

To Bill Young

To Bill Young,
                First let me say if I knew how to post a link back to your site, I might have. However there is so much flack about promoting other sites, that I hesitate to do that. I believe if I had posted a link to your site, I probably would be chastised for doing that. Sometimes you're ****ed if you do and you're ****ed if you don't.
                Sorry if you feel I stepped on your toes, or ignored you in anyway.
                Marsha

To everyone else who replied,
                Thanks for your input. I've decided to place my order with Wildwood and take my chances, simply because they have the patterns I want, and I don't know where else to get them.
                Marsha
                LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Marsha

I live in Montreal and put an order in about 10 days ago still waiting and notice that their service is slow. I've had to call twice to find out things and found out that 1 their web cites doesn't tell you when things are on back orders so you order thinking its in stock and if your like me who has things that are on back order they hold the order until everything comes in and then they send it out unless you tell them to send what is in now and when the back order stuff comes in they mail it to you at their charge so you don't pay twice shipping fees. 2. They only deal with shipping things outside of the states once a week which puts further delays on your order.

Eric

Comment

Hi Marsha.

First let me say if I knew how to post a link back to your site, I might have. However there is so much flack about promoting other sites, that I hesitate to do that.
                    No problem Marsha and no apology required . It is simply a case of Fair is Fair.
                    If you need any instruction to post a link from one site to another please let us know. Surely someone will help you .
                    This particular situation has nothing whatsoever to do with postings links to promoting commercial sales sites which seems to have been your concern . Perhaps you got the differences confused.

W.Y.
                    Last edited by BobD; 07-17-2006, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I haven't ordered anything from Wildwood for a while, so I can't comment from personal experience, but during our monthly SS club meeting yesterday, several of the members were complaining about this very same issue.
                      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

It is simply a topic of interest to all scrollers and the origin of the original topic had important information that members of this site would liked to have checked out had they known where the topic originated. .

Ok I am confuesed. on the part where you said , (the topic originated).
                        I don't wont to cause a conflict here. but personaly, I don't cair where the topic originated. Bill I have tryed to go to your sight. and not with much luck. I know it must be something i am doing rough, I'm sure. But I really don't see anything rough with asking what Marsha did here. for this is the only sight , alot of folks go too. I have wondered myself about how Wildwoods was doing. and how others have been making out with their orders. Im sure there is alot of scrollsawing sights to go to, but for me, this is the only time i have to look up posts. and see what folks are doing. I just dont' have the time to go look around to all the groups.(SSW&C is my group of choice,and family might i add) I don't see whats rough with haveing the same impho in all the groups. the one thing nice about a forum is you can just skip a thread if you don't wont to see what it is talking about. Bill , you are a man, just full of great impho. and i hope you shar it where ever you go. no matter , where it was started. like finishing. cutting, or just plain old friendship. what kind of saws to use, blades and what ever. am i missing something here. can i talk about sights and scrolling here? or do I have to check the other sights first. to not step on any toes. well i have gone and done it now. so blast me if you wont to. I am still your friend, and admire.
                        Evie Ps Marsha thank you for starting this thread.

Comment

Hi evie;
                          The main reason I posted the message to Marsha was certainly not directed at her personally although I can see why she took it that way. It has just been happening too often and not only on this site. It is just that this type of thing happens too many times on too many sites where people glean topics from other sites to take back and start the same topic on their favorite site.

As far as you not being able to get into my site I cannot understand that.
                          I used to have it a totally secure site but it is now open for everyone and anyone to read at
                          But even when it was totally secure, that same link was always available except that it required a very simple registration in order to read the messages.
                          I am not trying to promote my site and a link to it is not a commercial link .
                          I have nothing to sell . It is just another woodworking sites amoung the dozens if not hundreds already out there which does include a scrollsawing board.
                          Like Marsha said . . sometimes you're ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't . . Works both ways.
                          all the best to you.
                          W.Y.
                          Last edited by BobD; 07-17-2006, 07:34 AM.

Comment

It is just that this type of thing happens too many times on too many sites where people glean topics from other sites to take back and start the same topic on their favorite site.

Bill (so what.) is there a copey right on subjects.:::: I can see why you( could make a link to other impho.) but to get on someones butt about not doing it. just baffales me. so what. so we don't get to go see. does that make the person starting a new thread on her or his group. a bad person. or not observant. no one is stilling here. just bringing it to her, or his group, to start conversation.and if someone wonts to see. they can ask. she or he don't have to say where or why she or he got the insperation. just wonted to see what others thought. ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't is a bunch of bull . its I am right and you are rough. an thats the bunt of it. If we continue all this crap about whos right and whos rough. we will lose all the folks that just wont to come into are groups and learn to scroll. are we here to teach or judge. you say you don't blame but you sure do. and for me . I don't wont to here it here. I don't cair who sells the best blades, or whos sight has the best imho. or who made a mistake on their busness. all i wont to know is. how to scroll. and give me all the impho i need to do so. links are a good start. for sure. but if there is fighting. I wont go there. they have nothing to teach me. most of us here just wont to be friends. and shar. if we have a link to shar , so be it. I don't wont to here how I didn't give the right link. well thats my story. and i am sticking to it. drats . dang poop on it anyway.
                            Evie

Comment

Whoopee! Way to go Evie! While I can see W.Y.'s point, I don't necessarily agree ith it. I will feel free to introduce and discuss any topic I see fit. It is completely possible that the same topic may be being discussed in many forums at the same time without me having any knowledge of that fact. Just about everything we discuss here has been, or is being, talked about on other such forums and I personally see no need to refer to each of them in our discussions.
                              Moon
                              Old Mooner

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                                Today, 06:47 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                                Today, 06:38 PM
                              • Jim Finn
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jim Finn
                                The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                                Today, 04:48 PM
                              • MidMich324
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by MidMich324
                                Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                                Today, 03:57 PM
                              • RJweb
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by RJweb
                                As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                                Today, 03:42 PM
                              Working...
                              X