Thank You Sue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Sue...

I have just been to "LUMBER HEAVEN"...and it's only 25 miles away...

Sue, thanks for the tip on Southern Lumber...
    They had it all, even in the differen't sizes...

now to order a couple new patterns so I can go back down there..

Thanks again
    Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Trout.. you're very welcome..glad you got down there..I simply loved walking thru that store and dreaming of all that I could make with the wood they have...LOL..I don't think I ever got out of that store without spending a fair chunk of change..
    enjoy!! I look forward to seieng pics of your projects

Sue Chrestensen

Comment

I wonder if there is a Lumber Heaven in Southern Calif. it would be nice to find a place that has wood already milled down, that i could walk in an look at and take home. I do have the 1-ton truck and trailor.
      Evie

Comment

Good thinking, Evie!
        Just be sure to fill up your rig with money when you leave home!
        Honestly, it may be a good thing I live far from an easy source - that wood can really add up quickly. (and you can never have too much)
        Sandy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
          Reply to Bruce released for full physical therapy
          by jim_mex
          Hi Betty - you surely have one heck of a lot of patience in dealing with Bruce!!!

The important thing is that he appears to be heading in the right direction and hopefully it won't be too much longer before you can both put these issues behind you. And once he's recovered with your invaluable...
          Today, 01:31 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Bruce released for full physical therapy
          by will8989
          Back 2 steps. He had to have a spot cut off his back for biopsy and the dr. had to go deep, needed stitches inside and outside, so no exercises for 2 weeks until stitches are out. He sure is high maintenance!
          Today, 12:43 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to FInished Product
          by jim_mex
          Beautiful inspiring work Tony!

Glad to hear that the Kobalt saw worked out very well.

FYI - I took delivery last week of a SKILSAW 8 1/4" blade portable table saw to assist in cutting pieces for segmented bowl work which I was very pleased to find out of the box was set...
          Today, 10:58 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to FInished Product
          by Rolf
          Really nice turning!
          Today, 09:12 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to The Viking
          by Rolf
          This is the definition of spalting, Basically it changes the color of parts of the wood as it decays. Turners love it.
          "Spalting is any form of wood coloration caused by fungi. Although primarily found in dead trees, spalting can also occur in living trees under stress. Although spalting...
          Today, 09:10 AM
        Working...
        X