MacBeath Hardwood...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBeath Hardwood...

I went and checked out MacBeath Hardwoods today...if your into hardwood that's the place to go, at least for me. I was a little disappointed because that's all they did have and nothing under an 1 inch. They did have the soft maple which is good...they did have different types of 1/8 and 1/4 inch hardwood plywood but you had to buy a 4 x 8 sheet and they were not cheap...

I need an all round supplier! Aspen! just about every pattern I have suggest it....I also need 1/4 and 1/2 thickness....

I need to wait to see what kind of wood my next project suggests....

since I didn't buy any wood, I stopped by the tackle shop and picked up a couple new lures for my wife..It's our 11th year Anniversary tomorrow...

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Happy 11th Anniversary Trout

Mine was a few months ago for our 12th
    seems like it gets longer every time lol

Charlie,
    Charlie
    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

since I didn't buy any wood, I stopped by the tackle shop and picked up a couple new lures for my wife..It's our 11th year Anniversary tomorrow...
      You romantic fool you . . . is that how she "hooked" you?

Bruce
      Bruce
      . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
      visit sometime
      Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Trout;
        Too bad we are so far away. Aspen is a common wood where I live. I have used 3/4 of this pile already. What doesn't show in the picture is that it is 3 to 6 boards deep in each layer (depending on width) . It's great for turning on the lathe as well as for scrolling .The price of shipping that far is pohibitive . If you lived closer I could have supplied some at a reasonable price.

Happy 11th anniversary. We had our 48th last December.
        W.Y.

http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

William, not only do you do great work, you have an impressive stack of wood over looking some great scenery...

Charlie, we've got 14 years invested but only 11 are official...

Millwab, it all started a few years ago on Mothers day when I gave her a couple lures. now there know as her mother's day lures...
          we're heading to the lake next weekend for 5 day's and the guy at the tackle shop was showing me a couple killer set-ups that had been working really good at the lake that we are going too..
          as long as she catches a few 17 inch Kokanee or Salmon with them all will be good...

like we needed more tackle..

Trout
          Last edited by Trout; 07-07-2006, 10:43 PM.
          Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
          Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Hi Trout..have you tried Southern Lumber in San Jose? (off Monteray Hwy)..they have just about every possible type of wood and the place is huge!!
            I couldn't find Aspen in my area of Calif..but came to Canada and it's here in abundance..just bought a long board 1x8x8..at $1.78 (CAD) bf..cheaper then the clear pine..I was thrilled LOL

happy Anniversary!

Sue Chrestensen

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
              Reply to New tools
              by jim_mex
              Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
              Yesterday, 11:14 PM
            • Hobbyhorse
              Reply to New tools
              by Hobbyhorse
              Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
              Yesterday, 11:03 PM
            • Hobbyhorse
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by Hobbyhorse
              Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
              Yesterday, 10:58 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by KarlB
              Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
              Yesterday, 09:41 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
              by KarlB
              Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
              Yesterday, 09:31 PM
            Working...
            X