• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free graphics program

Came accross this program , looks interesting, and free

pete

====================

http://www.irfanview.com/

IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003

It is trying to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.

IrfanView is trying to create new and/or interesting features in its own way, unlike some other graphic viewers, which whole "creativity" is based on feature cloning, stealing of ideas and whole dialogs from ACDSee and/or IrfanView! (for example: XnView is stealing/cloning features and whole dialogs from IrfanView, since 5+ years).

IrfanView was the first Windows graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple (animated) GIF support.
    One of the first graphic viewers WORLDWIDE with Multipage TIF support.
    The first graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple ICO support.
    Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
    "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Pete:

I looked at the web site, but to be honest I must have missed something important. Is it just a graphics viewing program?

The write up on the product did not offer a reason (argument?) why their claims of importance is important. What am I missing? I haven't seen or dealt with a GIF file in years. Multipage GIF?

Phil

Comment

hi Phil

On another site, (senior moment cant remember where) a few folks said they used it to make outlined drawings for patterns.

Havnt played with it a lot, but it seemed easy to convert to black and white, make a negative, edit and change most any type picture, has a few filters/ options to turn picture in oil painting, enhance and sharpen picture etc.

the download and install was easy, if you have a few min try it.

free is good......pete
      Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
      "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Pete-

I have that program and it is real good for resizing your pictures. I use to post pictures here on the forum for thumbnails. It also has a good slide show feature.

-Bill
        -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Phil,

Multipage GIFs are what makes an animated icon

Regards,
          Marcel
          http://marleb.com
          DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Pete, et al:

Thanks! I did miss something when reading that web site. I just did not catch any claims the program could create files.

Still, I think I will stick with my CorelDraw suite and TurboCAD.

Phil

Comment

Anyone know of a good free photo editing program download that can retreive pictures from camera or scanner in to it and be able to adjust color, brightness, contrast, sharpness, size etc and then export the picture to a separate folder ?
              I am using Snapshot Express and it is an old Windows 98 program and not designed for XP but in spite of it's shortcomings when using it on XP I am still able to work my way through it. But I would much rather have one that is fully XP capeable so I could navigate it more smoothly.

Or am I missing the point about irfanview . I did not try downloading it before finding out if anyone here knows if it will or will not perform the functions I am looking for as mentioned above.
              W.Y.
              http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Bill,
                I've had a lot of good luck with Gimp. It's an open source photo editing program compeating with photoshop. It's easy to scan using it (acquire) and you can set up automatic functions (droplets, etc.) just like photoshop. There is a bit of a learning curve at the beginning because they use different phrasing for the functions, but it's free, and constantly updating.

Not sure about the website, but if you google "Gimp" you'll find it!

Bob
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X