Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Rivari doing?

Anyone heard?
    Last thing I heard was he was going home on leave to see his wife and new baby.

Another one of our scrolling family that is missed!
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Well,

If he's on leave with the wife and new baby, and he's not in the forum...

I guess he's got his priorities straight

Hope they are enjoying every moment together.

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Carl,

I'm still alive and kicking!

I am back in the sand box and have been since the 6th of June, I came back just in time for some of the hottest weather yet...and the sand storms don't even get me started on them things. Basically everything is normal...normal is loosely defined around here, tempratures are hitting 130-140 daily, it is a bit like having a hair dryer blowing in your face. Since leaving home in September of 05 I have now lost 40 pounds, a combination of heat and no beer drinking are huge factors.

My R&R back home was excellent! The kids have sprouted and the new one is quite the looker, those little blue eyes just cut. Luckily the weather was on it's best behaviour, matter of fact I cannot remember a Memorial day weekend like that, ever. Visited family, ate home cook food, fished and just soaked it all in. Coming back was a bit lame but we are now on the downward side of our tour, we have just 110 days until we roll out and go home. sadly many of us will probably be heading back in 07', nature of the beast I suppose.

Anyhow, that is my update, I'm alive and well and plan to stay that way, take care all and happy scrolling!

Todd
      Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Hi Todd,

Glad you had a good time home with the family.

Sometimes losing weight isn't necessarely a bad thing (coming from someone obese), as long as you feel good "in your skin" that's the important part.

Keep hydrated, keep safe,
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Great to hear from you Todd.
          I have to agree with Marcel about the weight thing.

I am not crazy about the obese term. Truth hurts sometimes
          So I like to say I am very thick skinned.

I cannot even imagine temperatures like that. I kind of shut down when the temp climbs over 80. We sure miss you around here. 110 days will fly by for you.

Keep safe my friend.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

HI Todd so glad you could come see us. gosh 130 WOW. and i thought it was hot in calif. 104. and climing. I don't think i wont to traid you places. I really don't see what all the weight thing is all about. for whats roung with alittle warmth in the winter and shade in the summer. lol. I bet you just loved seeing your new little babby all blue eyes. awww . I know you are over there keeping us all safe from the bad guys. and i am for one proud of you. see you in 110 days. your friend and thankfull neibor. Evie

Comment

Great to hear from you Rivari! So you'll be back in Oct/November???? I've got some wood with your name all over it waiting for your safe return.

And congrats again on the newest addition. Nothing like family and a newborn to put everything in perspective.
              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X