Is This Possible ? ? ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Possible ? ? ? ?

The power went off here a couple times in a lightning storm last night . Less than one minute each time before coming back on.
    Next time I went to use my computer my cookies were cleared for all the sites that I visit that require user name and password . . aarrgg ! !
    Besides several WW sites I also have gardening and automotive and various other sites of interest that I now have to use my ID to log back into.
    This has never happened to me from a power failure before.
    Should I blame the power failure for this or is there something else that could have caused it ?
    Something I don't understand is that it didn't clear the MSN sites . They were the only ones that were exempt from requiring user name and password.
    W.Y.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

The MSN sites store the password remotely, the others are on your PC.
    Yes the power outage could corrupt your passwords.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Thanks Carl;
      Had lots of power outages before but this never happened as a cause of them. The computer was on at the time of the outage so of course it didn't shut down in the normal manner. It didn't even go through a scan disk when I re-started it so I am fortunate that no other damage was done.
      What a job. Some sites I have forgotten my passwords to and have to have them emailed back to me. This time I am writing them all down.
      W.Y.

Comment

UPDATE

Thanks guys. Someone on another site reminded me about system restore so I restored it to a day before the power outage and everything is now just hunky dory.
        W.Y.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DaveVanEss
          U Just bought another year of Scrollmania
          by DaveVanEss
          I got my notice and and I paid for another year. This year I had to make the following change.

Fix a 10 year old bug that didn't allow Scrollmania to move to different machines.
          Rewrite the Load and Save functions so they no longer require flash. You apple users will like it....
          Today, 02:06 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to FInished Product
          by jim_mex
          Hi Tony - I built a wedgie sledge pretty much immediately after you first mentioned it. It worked fine within the capabilities of my homebuilt table saw but I quickly realized that to get the best out of it I needed a new saw, hence my recent acquisition.

The videos are also on Jerry Bennet's...
          Today, 01:15 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to The St-Nicolas sheriff
          by jim_mex
          Hi planeur - thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear. I wasn't suggesting that you change your original sheriff, rather that you apply some of the ideas for future projects. Nevertheless you can see the difference in the modified version

I can definitely see in your Heron that...
          Today, 01:07 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to My lucky day!
          by jim_mex
          Congrats to all you folks who got your jabs

Still no news as to when elderly folk will get their shots here in Mexico. I tuned in to the Monday morning government bulletin this morning only to find out that the Health Secretary who normally gives these bulletins was absent. He was admitted...
          Today, 12:57 PM
        • handibunny
          Reply to My lucky day!
          by handibunny
          Glad to hear it, Rolf. It shouldn’t be so harrowing just trying to do the right thing, but good that you didn’t give up.
          Today, 12:35 PM
        Working...
        X