Wedding Pattern suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Pattern suggestions?

I will be attending a wedding in Sept. and want to make my gift, any suggestions on a book with wedding type patterns? I am open to suggestions as to the project also, Heart Clock, Wedding album, Wedding Plaque, any others?
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

I Just did the wedding plaque that is in the latest issue of SSW and my sister (who recieved it) loved it....it has both names and the date on it.

Wayne
    You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus...Mark Twain

Comment

the moonlight kiss clock sold at wildwood makes a nice wedding gift. Just dont goof it up like my wife did!
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller
        the moonlight kiss clock sold at wildwood makes a nice wedding gift. Just dont goof it up like my wife did!
        I know there is a story in there somewhere.
        Before you comment, just remember, "A wise man has the last word and doesn't use it"
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Claddagh

The claddagh is always good for wedding gifts

Even more so if you include the legend

There are lots of variations with the artwork.
          You could cut it out of a wooden plate along with the names and date on the rim
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Carl, there is a story to it. Its posted under general topic, as clock oops. Dale
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I once converted a Christmas pattern of chiming bells to look like wedding bells. I then inlayed it with the couples names on the top of a large box, and it was well received. Unfortunately, I can't show you a piccy because (you guessed it) I gave it away.

Whatever you decide upon, I do urge you not to use patterns with storks or shotguns.

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Bill,
                I've made a few clocks for wedding gifts, but instead of trying to define the clock for the occasion, I defined the occasion on the clock. For example, I made a Daniel regulator and had the couples' names and wedding date etched in the glass on the door. It was done low on the door so it didn't distract from the piece, and being etched it didn't stand out too much. Another example would be to create your own artwork on the computer (eg using WordArt and commonly available graphics) that would be specific to the couple, and have it lasered into the wood on the back of the clock. This way it "customizes" the piece for the couple. I could send you pictures if you're interested.

Bruce
                Bruce
                . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
                visit sometime
                Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Wow! Thanks everyone for your suggestions!! I still don't know what I'm going to do, I'm leaning towards either a clock or a wedding album, but then I have recieved a pattern for a plaque that is crying out to me also.

I'll keep you all posted, plus anyone else with suggestions please add them. It's just what I need....a little more mental confusion.
                  Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

ozarkhillbilly,

I have found that the Victorian Candle Sticks in previous SSW are great wedding and anniversery gifts. Don't recall which issue that was.... hmmmm?

Grizz

(oh, Walnut does look great!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X