New method of dust collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New method of dust collection

First you take your can of spray adhesive and spray the walls.
    You may need a couple of cans depending on the size of your shop.
    Get the biggest fan you can find and turn it on.
    The flocked finish gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.
    Well it is either that or the fumes from the glue.

PS make sure you don't have paper patterns on the work bench before you start
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

LOL,

Good one Carl.

I can even imagine that after a year or two, you can nail anything to those walls, thus saving on plywood.

Hmmmm, You could even put a little frame with just a glass in front, and attach a little hammer and saw. That way if you run out of material to scroll, you could break the glass and cut out a little piece of the wall: Voilà: instant recycling and no withdrawal pain.

What was that you said about the fumes?

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Carl, how do you remove small shaggy dogs from the wall?

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I just have to say , you guys are so funny , thank you for brighting up my day. now down to the shop. lol funny. your friend Evie

Comment

How about spraying yourself with the adhesive, instead of the walls? Hop in the shower at the end of the day, and voila!

Pete

Comment

I think I'll try it with my Newfoundland when I get home. He sits so close to me when I'm scrolling that I'm considering a dust mask for him <grin>

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I have the same problem, only I have 3 "hairy" children that hang with me in the workshop, or where ever I am in the house. One's a chi-weinie. He's half chihuahua, half dachsund. The other is a miniature schnauzer and my little girl is a corgie mix.

They're constantly walking around with sawdust or chips on their back or heads. Crazy dogs.
              Kelly
              "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Well, with Bear...you can't tell if it's sawdust or a little dandruff...his coat is so thick it's like a vaccuum cleaner <grin>. His tail clears tables, though. If it isn't him, it's my St. Bernard...

The problem with Bear is that he likes to chew wood...he dug into a box and dragged out a roughout a friend send me to carve <grin>. Now I've gotta carve out the chew marks <grin>

Bob
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Try surviving a heart attack when your shophound steps on the Foot switch while you are trying to change blades and then sits there looking so innocent. You believe him the first two or three times it happens then you start to wonder
                  Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                  Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                  Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

This actually reminds me of a babysitting method I used as a teen.
                    Take the child you are watching and give them 2 cans of cream soda.
                    Once they have drunk it shake them vigorously, They will start to bloat and burp.
                    Take the child and rub it on your hair. Stick the child on the fridge and wait till mom and dad get home.
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

The good news is I've found the camera I'd lost .

The bad news is it's now stuck to the wall .

The good news is I've managed to avoid sticking any infants to the wall .

The bad news is all my jelly babies are now stuck there .

I'd tell you the rest of the news, but the forum's software won't let me use any more smilies. I don't know if that's good news or bad news...

Gill
                      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckD
                        Try surviving a heart attack when your shophound steps on the Foot switch while you are trying to change blades and then sits there looking so innocent. You believe him the first two or three times it happens then you start to wonder

Which reminds me...

Never drive a motor car with an alsation who likes to curl up on the floor and fall asleep using the foot pedals as pillows. DAMHIKT.

Gill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X