Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patterns

Hi All ! I Was Just Looking Through Here And Reading All The Advise And Am Amazed At The Knowledge That Is Shared In Here. One Thing I Am Curious About Though, It Dose'nt Seem Like People Are Much On Showing Or Sharing Patterns. I Am Constantly On The Hunt For Patterns, There Cant Possibly Be A Better Source Than The People In Here. I Appreciate Looking At Everyones Work, But Where Are The Patterns ? Dont Get Me Wrong, I Am Aware Of All The Sources Out There, But There Has Got To Be Some Special Stuff In Here Among All You Folks. Can We Share Patterns Or Is That Against The Rules. Just A THOUGHT ! Tks, Rain Man

In reference to
    I Am Aware Of All The Sources Out There, But There Has Got To Be Some Special Stuff In Here Among All You Folks. Can We Share Patterns Or Is That Against The Rules. Just A THOUGHT ! Tks, Rain Man
    Most patterns are copywrited and it is therefore illegal to share them. There are however a few that are free and not copywrited so if you ask about the particular ones you are looking for , perhaps we could be of more help.
    W.Y.
    Last edited by William Young (SE BC); 05-26-2006, 07:39 PM.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

I've had a couple people PM me asking where I got some of my patterns from and I had no problem telling them where they can find then..

Trout
      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
      Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Originally posted by RAIN MAN
        Hi All ! I Was Just Looking Through Here And Reading All The Advise And Am Amazed At The Knowledge That Is Shared In Here. One Thing I Am Curious About Though, It Dose'nt Seem Like People Are Much On Showing Or Sharing Patterns. I Am Constantly On The Hunt For Patterns, There Cant Possibly Be A Better Source Than The People In Here. I Appreciate Looking At Everyones Work, But Where Are The Patterns ? Dont Get Me Wrong, I Am Aware Of All The Sources Out There, But There Has Got To Be Some Special Stuff In Here Among All You Folks. Can We Share Patterns Or Is That Against The Rules. Just A THOUGHT ! Tks, Rain Man
        Here is one of the sites i get some of my patterns. you will need a hotmail account to sign up and it all free. here is the web site to go to http://groups.msn.com/freescrollsawpatterns
        here is a link to my ablum take a look

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h178/georgeanneapril/

Comment

patterns

I Thouhgt The Copy Right Thing Was Only If You Tried To Sell The Patterns. I'm Nuts! Just Looking For Something Different. Thanks For Pointing That Out Though Bill, Dont Want To Get In Trouble Here. Tks, Rain Man

Comment

Like Trout, I have also shared a couple of my patterns in the past, but only ones that I either made myself or were fre on the internet to start with. There are a couple MSN groups that share patterns pretty freely. If you have the patience to search through the many sites on the internet you would also find some companies out there who are willing to share free patterns. If you just can't fine what you are looking for (free or not) there are quite a lot of helpful people here always willing to share a link or point you in the right direction. That's why I always come back.

Happy scrolling.

Jim
            Jim
            DeWalt DW788 & Dremel 1680

Comment

In addition to copyright laws and all that, is ethics, giving away someones pattern to another is unethical as I see it.If you paid $8 for a certain pattern,shouldnt the other guy? Under Scrolling Community on the left of this page is "free scroll saw patterns" , maybe you will find something in there you are looking for? Also, the SAW site members only section has hundreds of free patterns as well. Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Just to clarify a bit, just because a pattern is free does not mean it is not copywrited (copywritten?). Only the designer of the pattern has the right to distribute the pattern whether for free or for sale. I share patterns on the msn group absolutely frees crollsawpatterns but I still own the rights to the pattern. The fact that I offer them to folks for free to cut does not mean I have given up my copyright. We have several designers on the site who will put up patterns for a day or 2 and then sell them. Sometimes, we're just looking for reactions to the patterns to see if they will be something popular.
                The exception to this are patterns originally published before 1928, these are in the public domain and can be freely shared.
                SSW does not want to take the chance of having patterns posted here as it takes a lot of policing to ensure that copyrighted material and patterns aren't posted.

Kevin
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                  Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                  by cwmagee
                  I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                  Today, 05:39 PM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to New tools
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                  Today, 05:26 PM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to New tools
                  by Rolf
                  Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                  My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                  Today, 04:32 PM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Big week here
                  by Rolf
                  Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                  Today, 04:19 PM
                • jim_mex
                  New PC keyboard has an error
                  by jim_mex
                  Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                  Today, 03:47 PM
                Working...
                X