are vacation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are vacation.

Hi all . Had a great time on are vaction. need to get permition to use names and what nots on the shanondoa picnick. I do have some pictres. but wont to make sure of placeing them here. I met alot of nice folks. they are such nice people there. wish I lived there. I will post pictuers when i get permition. ok.

welcome back. tell us about the picnic. how many attendees, and all the good juicy details!
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Dale I didn't think to get the amount of attendeese. learning. but the food spred was some thing to die for. I didn't get to eat. for it was hubbys birthday and we had plans. drats. I wish i could have stayed for the whole day. for there was so many great people there. and they welcomed me with great welcoming. wow. next time I'll go alone. lol. and the scroll work was awsum. they are so talented there. there was some of Jeffs fret work patterns there. that was done in BB. wow not ply wood.. maybe i sneek a pictuer here. but there work was laying down and hard to get a pictuer of. the presadent was really talented. the next pic is of one of his patterns. the eagle. and they had books. and lots of wood to sell. I just could have taken it all home. some even from africa. wow. for such a small group. they sure had it going, their was folks from all over the globe. I could have stayed for much longer. but hubby and kids was outside tapping there foots . and i had to go. you can bet next year. I ll be going alone. lol. the one reason I wonted to go was to meet the scrollers. and I met a couple . that i made friends with. hope i don't get in troublale here. thier names are Doris an hubby Hauchen. Doris didn't talk much to me untill I said i was a quilter too. then they wouldn't let me go. lol. what nice folks. here is my pictures. hope i don't get in troubale. but they don't know to much of SSW. an wonted to learn. Hi Doris. your friend Evie
      Attached Files

Comment

here is a picture or the Eclipse. the makers was there. one pictuer is of the wife in the back corner. didn't get to talk to them but it was awsume. yes they had a pinny on the tabale , and set up to try at will. nice saw. your friend Evie
        Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like things went pretty good for you Evie
          Glad you had a good time
          Were there many newcomers to scrolling there or mainly the experienced ones ?
          The more pictures the merrier

Charlie,
          Charlie
          "Everything Happens for a Reason"
          Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing a few photos. In a couple months is one at Branson Evie. It will be a little bigger then this one. Maybe you can sell a horse or one of your fancy scrolled items, and take a trip. Id love to meet you. Heck, Id even buy ya dinner. Dale
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Dale woulden't that be great. I would so like to meet you and your wife. I would just hug you sweet neck. an as for dinner. lol. isn't it a BBQ. I think I would be way to full. lol. I so would like to meet my hero. John Nelson. and a nother friend. Ernie Lang. there is so many I could die for. lol. I don't think I can make it this year. but next year. you can bet on it. Fox Chapale would be first on my list. I just live too far away from you all. Ha, like Carl and Gill , And Kerrie don't lol. woops Marcel and Bill. I so wish I could meet you all. I would smooch you right on the mouth. but don't tell moon. lol thanks your friend Evie I'd smooch Charlie too. but who knows where that little sweetie lives. lol

Comment

in wyoming
                Would love to meet all you guys and gals ,would be great and alot of fun
                I'd post my picture on here but it would probably scare you guys LOL

Charlie,

PS the smooch would be an extra plus
                lol
                Charlie
                Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

Charlie you couldn't scar me. I was born in haydon color. and my family lives in rollins wyo. casper. and mills. so we are a hair off the same tiger. I was raised off venison and grayfish. hunted in the black moutain of colorado. my brother lives in Jackson hole. an was raise wathching the rodeo of casper wyo. I thought there was something about you I reconized. and you can scroll too. my little brother. I am your friend. sage brush and all. your friend Evie, not to mention the antalope. Ha. go figure.

Comment

Well Ill be lol no wonder why we get along so well
                    your definetly one of a kind evie and thats a really good thing

Friends Always ,
                    Charlie ,
                    Charlie
                    Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

Have you met Ernie, Evie?

He's such as hoot to talk to! I love chatting with him!

Bob
                      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Bob I have not met mr Lang in person yet. but I was looking for a pattern, and ask John Nelson, buy email. and he refurrd me to Ernie.,so I rote to him and gave him my address and Phone #, He called me the very next day, I was just aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwd buy him. he helped me find the patten, and gave me a web sight for other Italion patterns. and one for Germon patterns. I bet we talked for a couple of hours. so I sure would like to meet him./and Jhon Nelson. I love the histery of scrolling, and Ernie and Jhon Nelson among others keeps them alive. the storyies I meen.He told me he has made around or over, 300 projects. and sent me some picturers of a couple. I loved the articale on the old projects in the SSW Summer 2005 issue no. 19 Page 20 and 21. Now that is some great fretwork. thanks for asking Bob. your friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Rolf
                          Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                          That is...
                          Today, 08:15 AM
                        • Jimern
                          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                          by Jimern
                          The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                          Today, 06:29 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                          by will8989
                          The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                          Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by will8989
                          Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                        • tgiro01
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by tgiro01
                          Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                          Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                        Working...
                        X