Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nail Pouches

Hi everyone
    I too am new to this site and I really enjoy it alot. I,ve been scrolling for about 12 years now. I started with a crasftman saw that my dad had given me, now I have the Dewalt 788. I really like the saw and have had no problems with it at all. I have a ? that has bugged me for years. You know the nail pouches that everyone at one time or another has used? Why in the world do they always make the strings shorter everytime I use one *L*Have a great week everyone.

Welcome, Welcom Fretdust. Wow 12 years. bet you could teach us a thing or two. Ha Ha, ya why do they make those dang old strings smaller and smaller. drats could it be me. well maybe I did get just alittle bit begger.
    Say show some of your work. we would love to see some. I too had a craftsmon saw on my first turn around. Boy have I leared a thing or too since then. your new friend Evie

Comment

welcome! About the nail pouch strings. They arent really getting smaller, you just need to tie it a little lower on your waist!!!! Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Short Clothe nail apron strings

back when
        they use to give them away.

they made the strings just long enough to go around kids..

but for us oldtimers with furnature desease
        {where our chest fell down in our drawers}

we just have to put out the dollars for the nice leather ones...
        Dremel 1680 & Delta ss250 shopmaster

Comment

[QUOTE=minowevie]Welcome, Welcom Fretdust. Wow 12 years. bet you could teach us a thing or two. Ha Ha, ya why do they make those dang old strings smaller and smaller. drats could it be me. well maybe I did get just alittle bit begger.
          Say show some of your work. we would love to see some. I too had a craftsmon saw on my first turn around. Boy have I leared a thing or too since then. your new friend Evie[/QUOTE
          Thank-you Evie for replying to my post. Yes I will have to put a few pics of my work on this site. I have a clock that I made called the Gus Clock that I sent to Orange County Choppers. Paul Sr. has a Bull Mastiff dog called Gus. I have not heard anything from them as yet. I did make another clock and sent it to them that I seen on TV. Thanks again

Comment

Hey Fretdust,

Welcome to the neighbouhood.
            Enjoy your stay and join the conversations.

Share with us your knowledge and hopefully we can give in return.

Regards,
            Marcel
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Welcome fretdust. two things we love here, woodwork and humour, no matter how it is spelled

When my dad passed away one of the things he left me was his leather apron. I am glad the strap is long enough. I am way bigger than dad ever was
              He had to use a pillow to be Santa, I don't!

For the sake of a few cents more you think they would make an apron that fastens up front!

Heck they don't seem to give much away any more. I even saw a price tag on a paint stir stick the other day. I remember when you got the stick the church key and a drop cloth just for buying paint. Oh yeah, free painters caps then too.

We sure have lost a lot in our new bottom line profiteering era.

Well I am off to scrounge up another soapbox I need the wood for cutting.
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
              "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
              Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X