X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Observations

Now that I'm older, here's what I've discovered:

* I started out with nothing, I still have most of it

* My wild oats have turned to prunes and All Bran.

* I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.

* Funny, I don't remember being absent minded

* All reports are in: Life is now officially unfair.

* If all is not lost, where is it?

* I wish the buck stopped here. I sure could use a few ...

* Kids in the back seat cause accidents; accidents in the back seat cause kids.

* It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

* Only time the world beats a path to your door is if you're in the bathroom.

* If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

* When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone decide to play chess?

* It's not hard to meet expenses ... they're everywhere.

* The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

And two of my favorites:

* It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

* Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

Have a nice day (you too are a day older today),
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

* The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

I heard a bit of a twist to the one above.... A rut is a grave with the ends kicked out, pull yourself out.
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

I disagree with the "rut" and "grave" analogy. I kinda like ruts. As Marcel says, "now that I am older" there are things that one is allowed to enjoy that only come with age. As Popeye was fond of saying, "I yam what I yam" and am no longer "looking for myself." I know who I am warts and all.
      If middle age is "when your dreams and memories are equal," then I must be "elderly," "senior," "aged," etc because I find I have fewer dreams (except for nightmares) than memories. It is nice to be able to look back and say "been there, done that." My son says I'm stubborn and I say as opposed to what-wishy washy? Being "older" has its benefits, but I agree with Marcel that I too have a 30 year old mind trapped in a 66 year old body. Methinks life is a cosmic joke. By the time you have enough experience and brains to do things right, you can't.
      By the way Bill, you aren't old enough to have too many "life observations." I have tools in my shop older than you.
      Moon
      Old Mooner

Comment

Looks like we lived are whole lives. learning, and now that we can enjoy it. we just for get it all, drats, on the memmery. I have alot to offer. but can't remmember what it is. your freind Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X