Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the scroll saw....

It was miniatures...

first was the garage, they made me the king of the county fair that year and I have all the ribbins to prove it...
    they said they had never had so many people look at one project. It's even in a commercial promoting the sate fair which I have a copy of...

as for the state fair, I was beat out by a fifth grader with his Styrofoam model.
    Attached Files
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

then it was the cabin...

if they thought the garage was good..wait until they see my cabin!
    they wouldn't let me in the door, they said I was a professional model builder tiring to enter in an armature event!
    we went round and round but I still didn't get to enter my cabin. I did get a few rules changed in the rule book and that was the end of my miniature day's..

I did get to show the garage and cabin in a couple miniature shows...

Trout
    Attached Files
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

LOL

Man that must have been a big deception

What wa the styrofoam model of? A functional nuclear power plant?

Or was his dad on the jury?

All kidding aside (pun intended) That is the nicest detailed miniature I've ever seen. Showed the pictures to my wide in reverse and she tought it was a real garage until I showed her the first one.

Do you work, or have worked as a model buider or something related to architecture?

Congrats on a nice job.
      Marcel
      Last edited by Marcel in Longueuil; 04-27-2006, 07:16 PM.
      http://marleb.com
      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel in Longueuil
        LOL
        Do you work, or have worked as a model buider or something related to architecture?
        Marcel
        yeah I work and I'm no model pro...
        one day I just started building...all from scratch with no plan and no tools..
        each piece took one year to complete and I did it all in the living room.
        I did have to clean up my mess during thanksgiving and Christmas..
        there both under plexsyglass so they do take up a lot of room...

the front shot of the garage really don't do it justice...so here's a couple shots of the side yards..
        Attached Files
        Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

wow that is amazing, not a thing missed in that shed that I can see. I can see why they thought you were a pro.
          Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!!

Comment

incredible work!
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Important Note

Important note on the garage . ts obviously a garage modeled after someone that does not have teenage boys, because it looks like everything is there, no ratchet left on the floor under the bench,no half drank can of soda with ants around it, and no skid marks from bicycle tires on the floor!!!!! Dale (I wont even say what the cabin should look like if lived in with teenagers, I'm sure you can figure that out! Otherwise, looks supurb! Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Trout. that is some really fine work. Wow. I too thought it was real. and I could live in that cabbin. where in the world did you find all the minituers. and buy chance, is the picture of you and your wife.? Your the Man.
                Like Dale says. its still to clean. I think there should be just alittle oil on the floor. lol. but really, nice nice. your freind Evie

Comment

can you tell.....

I'm still waiting for my scroll saw pattern to get here....

when I was making these there was a great little miniature store close by and me and the little old lady who owned it became great friends but by the time the cabin was complete she had gone out of business...

did I mention that the garage door opens too..

besides the car, only 9 thing in this shot were bought...

I made the ladder, floor jack, gas can and there is even little breaker switches in the breaker box...

the best piece is the Marilyn Monroe calendar...
                  Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

Naaaaaaaa I like the fishing rod. / So cool . your friend Evie

Comment

some close ups of the cabin...

here's the kitchen..my wife made all the rugs and my mother-in-law made the curtains..

here's the bath room...

it was Christmas time and I had everyone and their brother out looking for some type of deer decoration for me so i could mount it's head..

the bear skin rug is really rabbit...
                      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

yes Evie...

that's an actual oil painting of my wife and I. she gave me that for Christmas one year.

and what does this have to do with scroll sawing?
                        here's a scroll saw piece of a cowboy riding a wild bronco...

I'm done...hopefully I'll be sawing tomorrow....
                        thanks for all your the nice comments...

Trout
                        Hawk G-4 Jetcraft

Comment

aaaaaaaaaa Trout I wont to see some more. and I think you could cut alot of that on a scroll saw. we use all kinds of tools. an some of us, not me yet. do carving. I know for me I just was amaized. at your detail and talent,

how small is the oil painting of you and your wife. How thoughtfull of her. looks like she has a talented mind as well. thank you for sharing these pictuers of you miniturs. with us.
                          your friend Evie

Comment

Where is the scroll saw in the garage? And sawdust all over the car? Band Saw, Table Saw, Plainer, Jointer, Drill Press!
                            Just kidding, GREAT WORK!!!

Comment

Very nice, indeed

WOW!

Well done, Trout, well done. It is truly amazing. I would like that '57 in my driveway. OK, the real one.

-Bill
                              -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Farmers market "survey"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                                I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                                For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                                Today, 11:14 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                                Today, 11:00 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                                Today, 09:57 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                                I like the fact...
                                Today, 08:34 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                                Today, 08:17 AM
                              Working...
                              X