wish we had a chat room.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wish we had a chat room.

HI GUYS. wish we had a chat room. how many times do we come into the room and get the same old post. I see so many friends down at the bottom , and wish I could talk to them. Is this somthing you would all like too. I sure know I would. we live so far away from each other. its night here. In the Usa. but in Awstrailia. sorry about spelling. its morning. and probley in England too. Bob can we do somthing about this. ? mmmmmmmmmmm I am not sure about Canada. but we have alot from there too. sometimes I wish we could just talk to each other. with out , conflect , of the magazine. maybe in a solitued aria. where you have to be a memmber. I don't think it would take away from the forum. for we all love to help. but would just like to talk to each other. and camunicaite. ya like thats a word. lol let are hair down so to speack. is this posibale. or not . and not . why not. your friend Evie.

Bob was checking into this some time ago, there were things that needed ironing out.

I do go to another forum for tent trailers that has a chat room, The software there wasnt the best though.

It would be nice to communicate with others, Many users have Yahoo, ICQ and MSN
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Carl Is that somthing we could find out about. where others are lurking. I have Yahoo. and Msn. but don't know how to go find the chat rooms that are safe . I would just love to talk about scrollsawing or even other woodworks. mainly are friends here. well thanks for reply ing. your friend Evie. gosh you are up late. . talk to ya latter.
      Last edited by minowevie; 04-21-2006, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I know there is a way to create a chat room in Yahoo because I have done it before! And make it private so only people who belong to this forum can get in. So that way you dont have to deal with the B.S. of the other public chatrooms. If anyone is interested let me know and maybe we can work something out. The only set back there would be is people would have to have a Yahoo account, but thats free so its not a big deal, just a user name and password. So if anyone is interested send me an email or a private message in here.

Comment

That's a good idea Evie. You can add your Yahoo Messenger ID to you profile and that does support multimember chatting. The Yahoo Y! shows up on your posts too. This would certianly be a good shortime solution.
          Last edited by MinotBob; 04-21-2006, 11:23 PM.
          MinotBob
          Makita MSJ-401
          Universal Tools:
          Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

chat room

i dont get
            it, are'nt we chatting now ? lol

Comment

No Rainman we aren't chatting -- we are going to sneak up behind you and spray you with the water hose--- he he he--
              I know on aol you can make chat rooms --but the room has to have someone as host to keep it open and they can kick out anyone they want.. I like the idea myself- much better chatting about other stuff with friends and get immediate response than have to wait
              but then again who would get any sawing done if we were all able to talk at once-
              and on this hand we could talk about other stuff too...... I like the idea myself even tho right now I am only reading and not doing much posting- I'd still like a room..
              Padded in lavender -- I don't wanted my padded cell in pink --please

Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by minowevie
                Carl Is that somthing we could find out about. where others are lurking. I have Yahoo. and Msn. but don't know how to go find the chat rooms that are safe . I would just love to talk about scrollsawing or even other woodworks. mainly are friends here. well thanks for reply ing. your friend Evie. gosh you are up late. . talk to ya latter.
                HEY EVIE HOW YOU DOING LOL TOBY

Comment

Evie, dont you remember...we met at a woodworking chatroom???, and yes, mostly scrollers. at www.wooders.com/wooderschatroom.html there are others too, a good one run by www.saw-online.com as well If I broke link posting rules, please delete Bob. dale
                  Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I don't know about anyone else but every time I go to Yahoo even to reopen my bounced messages I get a bunch of spam. Then when I block it Yahoo complains so I just don't use it.
                    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Being the "old fud" in the bunch, I gotta tell ya that I agree with ChuckD. Every time I have tried to use Yahoo for anything in the past, it has literally mucked up my computer. I will not go there. I have nothing against a "chat room", but I doubt I would use it. I think you will have a few "regulars" that get on and "chat", but you will lose a bunch of us (no great loss, right?). Once again, it will be a personal choice, but I prefer this forum. Chat rooms have to be "moderated" or "refereed" even if the participation is limited to a select group of clients (like SSW readers, etc). I'm sure SSW would not be too thrilled with trying to sponsor such a free-for-all. It's too much trouble and very time consuming. My two cents worth.
                      Moon
                      Old Mooner

Comment

Ditto, been there, done that!!!!!
                        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mooner
                          Being the "old fud" in the bunch, I gotta tell ya that I agree with ChuckD. Every time I have tried to use Yahoo for anything in the past, it has literally mucked up my computer. I will not go there. I have nothing against a "chat room", but I doubt I would use it. I think you will have a few "regulars" that get on and "chat", but you will lose a bunch of us (no great loss, right?). Once again, it will be a personal choice, but I prefer this forum. Chat rooms have to be "moderated" or "refereed" even if the participation is limited to a select group of clients (like SSW readers, etc). I'm sure SSW would not be too thrilled with trying to sponsor such a free-for-all. It's too much trouble and very time consuming. My two cents worth.
                          Moon
                          you know your right. I thought about it last night. and wish I didn't post this. But I do wish I could talk to these memmbers at will . But still getting used to the forum. I do forget to scroll up to see if there is any privat messages in my box. we can camunicate to each other if we wont. and yes Moon it would take more work for SSW to have a moniter . I didn't think of that till latter. the one thing I do like about posting , is we have time to think about what we read. and post. A spell check would be nice though. at least for me. lol. The one thing I too like about this board. is it is scanned. and just anyone can't post crap.woops sorry cussing. we can go to memmbers list and email if we wont to. and get thier permition to email if we wont to. I have gone to many chat rooms. and personaly I just can't keep up with the post.( it is way to fast for me) So What was I thinking. I like it here just like it is. wish I would think before I opened my finguers. lol. thanks. your freind Evie PS loosing memmbers would be a GREAT LOST
                          Last edited by minowevie; 04-23-2006, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Ditto with both Moon's and Chuck's opinions on it.
                            Even if I had the slightest interest in a chat roomYahoo would be the last place I would ever consider it to be in .
                            Most chats start with a bang and fizzle out quickly because predominantly *gossipy* people seem to want to keep them alive. Emails and PM's work much better on more of a personal level.
                            my 2¢ on the idea.
                            W.Y.
                            http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

We can get chat software for the forum, but to get the quality software we would offer, it's expensive...and I've seen a lot of other forums getting the software and see that it is never used...so I've really been hesitating...

and I don't have time to monitor it like I should <grin>

Bob
                              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X