Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern Help

Hello Guy;
    My name Ed Evans I enjoy Scrolling so must but would like know if there is a way to change the pattern lines from black to red so I can see better?? The only reason is the blade gets lost in the black lines. And I do not want to print all the patterns I have out and trace them in red .Hope you might be able to help me out.
    Ed Evans

If you use PSP, open your monochrome pattern and select ADJUST - COLOR BALANCE - CHANNEL MIXER. Set the Output Channel to 'RED'. The Source Channels should be set at Red 100%, Green 0% and Blue 0%. Finally, set the Constant to 200%.

This should give you a red and white pattern instead of a black and white one.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I remember reading in SSW somewhere....
      You can also take a highliter pen and draw over the lines, the yellow and black offers a good contrast.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Carl,

That would be page 6 SSW #18 Spring 2005...

I just happened to look at it this afternoon

And the answer was that (they inquired at staples) most photocopying places can photocopy in the colour you whant from black.

If you have a scanner and colour printer, you can also use many software to change the colour of the lines.

So it depends on your setup.

Regards,
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Rapid Resizer

Go to www.rapidresizer.com. It does more than just resize patterns. You can also have all the lines tinted red. Great program. Free use for 14 days. Try it, you'll like it. I have used it a bunch.
          Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Like ChuckD, I use Rapid Resizer a lot. It is a good program. You might also consider the fact that several copying services--Staples, etc--can, if you ask, copy b&w into red, green, or whatever.
            Moon
            Old Mooner

Comment

I too thank you for this good impho. I did not know that staples, did copeying in differant colors. I do know that they will turn my pattern grey , witch is good when the old patterns are all in black. no lines. my blade gets lost in all that black too. when i cut a patten with lines. I cut outside the line. that works for me. but still have troubale with the all black patterns. your friend Evei

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                Reply to New tools
                by Quartz43
                I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                Today, 03:40 PM
              • hotshot
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by hotshot
                You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                Today, 02:27 PM
              • RJweb
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by RJweb
                I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                Today, 01:31 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Shrink wrap systems
                by Linda In Phoenix
                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                Today, 11:51 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Sundays market
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                Today, 11:39 AM
              Working...
              X