"Almost" Hurricane pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Almost" Hurricane pictures

Here are some pictures form the "almost" hurricane we had two weeks ago on Saturday (hurricane is 70 mph winds, ours were around 65 mph).

These pictures are just from one block, the one we live on in New Jersey and I missed photographing at least 2 trees.

No one got hurt and very little damage to the actual property was done.

1) The house across the street. My daughter (5) is looking out the window and said "Daddy, a tree fell" - I come over ready to say "it's just a branch" and yelled "holly cow - a tree fell". Believe it or not there was barley a dent on the black car when we removed the tree the next day.

2) The damage to our house. Sunday I put up a tarp but didn't go on the roof itself. Yesterday I finally managed to get on the roof (it was no longer slippery) and found a baseball size hole in it. I don't know the extent of the damage yet. I do know they'll have to replace some of the wood, maybe damage to the attic and we have water damage on the master bedroom's ceiling.

3) Our neighbor's metal shed. Nothing in the shed moved, but the shed itself was wrecked (the green metal).

4 and 7) A tree fell just down the street (about 5 houses).

5 and 6) This tree actually fell on the house, yet there was very little damage (so the owner says). The house is for sale, I hope it wasn't under contract.
    Attached Files
    Zohar - probably the only one.

Living well is the best revenge

Visit my gallery

Book Reviews: http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

WOW, that is scary looking!

Bob
    Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Yep.....no doubt about it Mother Nature sure is BOSS. Glad no one was injured. Thanks for posting the pix.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Those are some scary pictures. Just imagine if they had went just a little in another direction what damage they could have done. The fourth photo over looks like a sycamore with lots of burl at the bottom. To bad that one did not blow over. bet you could get some pretty wood out of that one. Glad there was not worse damage and no one got hurt. Steve
        If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
        My Gallery
        [email protected]

Comment

Powerful stuff that wind!!

Rhys

Comment

Get out there with the Chainsaw, make the most of a bad situation and help with the clean up at the same time.

The pic of the shed is quite incredible. looks like he could just buy another shed pop it up over all the contents and everything would still be in it's correct place.

Glad damage was minor and no=one was hurt.
            Regards
            John
            "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
            Some of my Stuff
            Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

You can't stop mother nature, glad nobody was hurt. saw dust
              Dennis

Comment

Mother nature can do some amazing things.Tony

Comment

Big red,
                  New Jersey has really been getting hammered the last few storms.
                  We got that same storm in Long Island especialy the south shore where we live. I lost a 45 foot Cedar. The cedars seemed to be the tree of choice this time all off them were uprooted. Mine dropped right next to the garage with no damage to the structure. The good part of that is I now have a place to put my boat.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

John - yes, it's amazing that none of the contents of the shed are even an inch out of place, yet the shed itself is demolished. We heard a loud bang at around 19:00 but it was so dark we couldn't see anything. At first we thought something happened to our house.

Rolf - yes, we've been hammered this winter. In North Jersey it's really bad because there is lots of flooding.
                    Zohar - probably the only one.

Living well is the best revenge

Visit my gallery

Book Reviews: http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

Comment

The thing I most dislike about spring is the violent storms. A few years ago we had a tornado go through our area and did quite a bit of damage. One of the strangest things to happen was that I had a small metal shed in the yard with yard tools and a couple of bicycles. The shed was blown away (we found parts of it 2 miles away) but the contents weren't even touched. The rakes and shovels that were leaning against the walls just fell down. The two bikes were still standing on the kickstands. Wind does some amazing things.
                      WisEl

RBI Hawk 226 VS

Go Brewers!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X