Woodworking Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodworking Magazine

I got a notice from Creative Woodworks $ Crafts today, I have been reading about these notices in the woodworking forums for awhile, so I called CWC and they have nothing to do with the outfit that sent it to me. I called our Attorney General and they were of no help. So I called the 800 number on the bill and they hung up on me.
    I'm glad someone posted this on one of the forums, I would have sent my money.
    Beware

I hope it is OK to post this, they could be doing this with other magazines

Bob
    Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

I am curious Bob, what type of notice did you receive from that so called business. Is it similiar to the CWC subscription card found in their magazine?

Paul S WI

Paul S.

Comment

Paul it was pretty much like any of the notices I get in the mail to renew any magazine, if I hadn't read about it before I wouldn't thought anything about it.
      CWC name was on it and it looked real.
      I will sure becareful on things like that from now on.

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I'll stick to subscribing online.

Paul S.

Comment

I got one today too, from Publishers Billing Emporium in Provo, Utah. CWC uses an address in Illinois.
          My subscription doesn't expire until next year.
          More food for my shredder!
          Last edited by Woodbutcher68; 03-14-2006, 06:10 PM.
          Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

I have gotten them too.. In fact I think I have recieved 3 but I know I have recieved 2 ..one just the other day..but I was given my subscription from my mom for my birthday and that is in October.. I wasn't going to renew it anyway but at least I did find out about the scam -just now-- so I for sure won't be renewing it. I thought it strange to get renew notices so soon cause it was suppose to be a two year thing.
            Shsron.

Comment

That is the reason I won't subscribe to some magazines anymore. I am one that caught on one of those scams and they got my money and I got nothing in return . The publisher said they never got any money from me but it showed up on my credit card statement and when I ordered the subscription it sure looked legitimate.
              From now on I don't subscribe to any magazines except for Wood magazine and I have a three year subscription with them . I have never seen the spammers work under cover for Wood magazine (yet) .
              As for the rest, I buy the ones I want at magazine racks and it costs me less in the long run.
              Can't even trust the subscription post cards that come in the mail anymore. You never know who printed them out to look like they came from someone else.
              I totally agree that it is a buyer beware world.
              W.Y.
              http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

I've never heard anything like this happening for Scroll Saw Workshop, but if you have any questions about your subscription, the best thing to do is to call our Customer Service Department at 1-888-840-8590. They are all very nice people and can definately help you out!

Bob Duncan
                Scroll Saw Workshop
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

THIS is the only woodworking magzine I subscribe to. The rest I buy with my 40% to 50% off coupon at AC Moore or Michaels!! AFter all I get the coupons every week in the paper so I may as well use them!! LOL
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Well . I order CWWC magazine. and not to be a traitor to this magazine ,but, I just love them both. I realy look forward to them both to come in my mail. I did have one problem . but that was my stupid mistake. I was recieveing 2 CWWC magazines each time. and could not figure out why. untill , I realized , one was in my name and one was in my husbands name. I guess when we was at a tool show. where I first bought some old issues.some how we both sighned up. lol. not sure really how it happen , but we both got a issue. took me 2 years before I realized I was paying for 2. lol not only can I not spell . but it appears I couldn not read eather. it sure seamed like I was getting the bill sooner than I should but I still payed them. that is what happen. just for the record. I have petite mall sesures. (sorry have no idea how to spell that). and I get lost in my own house sometimes. good thing I forget to feel dumn. lol I did call them as soon as I found out. and they made it all good. I am sure there is alot of scaming going on out there. but I would like to believe it is not CWWC.
                    PS I do believe what happen to you . this is just what happen to me. your friend Evie for got to add. thanks for the warning, and I will be watching my notices carfully.
                    Last edited by minowevie; 04-03-2006, 05:54 PM.

Comment

But Evie, now you have twice as many patterns.
                      Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Publishers Billing Emporium MOVED, now Publishers Billing Agency

Originally posted by Woodbutcher68
                        I got one today too, from Publishers Billing Emporium in Provo, Utah. CWC uses an address in Illinois.
                        My subscription doesn't expire until next year.
                        More food for my shredder!
                        Please warn everyone - I was scammed by PBE in March of this year for $50 for a different magazine subscription. Today (8/5/06) I finally got around to reporting them to various agencies and discovered that they have moved from Utah to California and changed their name to Publishers Billing Agency. Tell everyone you know to ignore anything they get in the mail from this company. Their BBB report from Utah was not good. Their report in CA is clean since they are brand new (but thankfully there is mention of their Utah dealings in the California report).

Thank you,
                        Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the post Jeff, but why did you feel you had to create a user name of pbefraud
                          The post would have more credibility if you were just Jeff.
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X