Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What project do you use the most or are most proud of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What project do you use the most or are most proud of?

We all make a variety of projects. Some that are demanding and some that are easy. Some that come out terrific and others....well.

I made two large lamps in a birdhouse style that have copper flashing for the roofs. This was a very easy project that came out great. I use these lamps in my family room every night. And I never fail to think "gee I'm glad I did that".

I was wondering what project you are most proud of or which one do you use the most.
    Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

That is a easy question to answer-- The Victorian Fret Cradle I made my grandaughter for Christmas.I took a doll size cradle out of the same book as the baskets in my gallery and blew it up to life size-- 18"wx24"hx26"l- I hand sanded every curve by hand until the edges on all of them were perfectly even and smooth and uniform.That was before I found out about dremel router was a lot easier ( that is what I bought me for my Christmas with my gift card I recieved for Christmas)-
    it took me about 3 months to make and countless hours sanding -- it was estimated there were over 500 hours actual sanding time in it. and a good 100 hours cutting it out. I recieved 2 broken toes when I hung it to dry when I stained it - I stained each piece before assembly and one of the sides fell right on top of my foot -
    The biggest reward was the look of joy when she saw it Christmas Eve-and the hug she gave me and told me -"Nanna -this is the bestest Christmas I ever had -I will keep this forever".. and she probably can ..I made it out of 1/2 BBP but man it was a beauty- her birthday came up in febuary and I asked her what she wanted ..her reply was to just buy her something cause I didn't need to break any more toes..
    Kids- ya gotta love em
    Sharon

Comment

I am most pround of the big Grand Father clock. 6 feet 2 inches tall with over 4000 inside cuts. You can find it on my web site.
      You will see also some other clocks and to be honest I am pround of all the clocks I made like the Wortington, Rhinelaner etc. Plus a lot of other nice patterns, too many too name here. Like Noahs Ark with 23 sets of animals. Going for 10 years to craftshows from N.Dak to Indiana, you had to make a lot of items.
      Mike
      SD Mike

Comment

Mine is the Gentleman's Box by John A. Nelson. You can view it in the galleries.

-Bill
        -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

I know this is going to sound corny but projects are kinda like kids to me, It is hard to say I like one more than another because they each have their own story.

I think one of my favorites is the Jonah in the Whale. It was the first project I posted on here and introduced me to many new friends.
          There are other ones I would never part with but that one opened the door for me.

Would I part with that one?

Sure, I could cut another one any time.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

for me . I just have many projecks i love. I would love to see more pictuers. here are some of mine. lol . if i can get them up. your freind Evie
            Attached Files

Comment

come on guys don't you have pictuers. here is some more of mine
              Attached Files

Comment

well just a couple more lol. come guys i wont to see pictuers. ok i'll go to the gallery.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok just one more if they let me post it.

Comment

they wont let me post my favorite. but see if this works.my most chalanging.and one of my most favorites.

Comment

Wow Evie, you are a very prolific scroller.
                      That is really good stuff.
                      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Those are really nice Evie
                        MinotBob
                        Makita MSJ-401
                        Universal Tools:
                        Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

Smashing work, Evie. Well done!

Gill
                          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Evie--OK, you made me curious. Why won't "they" let you post your favorite? Is is political or "adult" in nature? Too bad we aren't all adult enough to handle anything more risque than "plumber's pants."
                            Moon
                            Old Mooner

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
                              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                              by Jim Finn
                              The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                              Today, 04:48 PM
                            • MidMich324
                              Reply to Plastic puzzle
                              by MidMich324
                              Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                              Today, 03:57 PM
                            • RJweb
                              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                              by RJweb
                              As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                              Today, 03:42 PM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Farmers market "survey"
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                              I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                              For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                              Today, 11:14 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to Farmers market
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                              Today, 11:00 AM
                            Working...
                            X