No photos found.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
    by jim_mex
    Betty - Norma is 5ft 1", her sister who lives next door and often eats with us is 5ft 3". Their father who is recovering from recent knee surgery and staying with us at the moment is also about 5ft 3". I'm almost 5ft 11". You see my dilema!

As to high cupboards. Making...
    Today, 09:44 AM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to Turning to something new
    by jim_mex
    Thanks Tony for the safety advice. Being one eyed these days I am definitely going to be taking extra care to wear suitable face protection. As to the safety videos, yes, I've already checked out several and pulled up a lot of very useful information. Whilst I've never turned wood before as a practising...
    Today, 08:39 AM
  • tgiro01
    Reply to Turning to something new
    by tgiro01
    Betty - yes my design. I'm editing the video I made while making the feature ring.

Jim - I know I'm preaching to a member of the choir, but, please watch some of the Youtube videos on wood turning safety. There's a dozen or so of them out there. There are three words you'll hear a lot --...
    Today, 08:12 AM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
    by jim_mex
    Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
    Today, 12:25 AM
  • keystonecop
    Bread and Cheese..
    by keystonecop
    ‚Äč Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red...
    Today, 12:08 AM
Working...
X