Neal's New Avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neal's New Avatar

Has everyone noticed Neal's new picture? In a boat no less. Once a swabbie, always a swabbie. I bet it (the boat) was still tied to the dock. I didn't see the beer, but I bet it is there somewhere. That's why he is holding on to the dog.
    Moon
    Old Mooner

You've got to watch a dog that big--my St. Bernard has been known to bare her teeth if I don't give her enough beer <grin>. The problem is that the amount I need to give her keeps increasing--so I either need to send her to AA or buy cheaper beer for myself--she'll only drink Guiness <grin>

Now my cat, on the other hand, will only drink wine. But she is too dainty to drink out of the glass--When I'm drinking a glass, she's constantly jumping into my lap to lick my lips...

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

It looks like he's on the cell phone in that picture. Probably ordering pizza and beer.......
      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

ummm to me it looks like he finished off the beer already, that would explain his hot date he has there clinging to him!
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Where is his new Picture?? I haven't seen it yet...

I wanna see too
          Sharon

OHHHHHH I found him-- Cool dog Neal-- I use to have a few boxers myself -- wonderful dogs but love to jump a fence and roam..
          Last edited by SharonW0111; 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM.

Comment

New Avatar

Yes my friends, Thass ma Dawg. He was about 6 months old in that photo and about 90 pounds. He's 3 now and about 120 lbs of pure muscle!!! best friend an old sailor could ever have. Moon, you're partially right. We're both about half tuned up in the pic., but Betty is driving the boat. And we're neither anchored nor tied up. I never mix business with pleasure!!! No drinking and driving even on the river. West Virginia DNR takes a real dim view on that!! I changed the avatar just so you folks can see the kind of friend I have. I do so love that dog!!!
            If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

What a lovely dog you've got there, Neal. Any chance of a bigger photograph?

My three are usually within two or three feet of me, so photographing them can be difficult. However...

This is our loveable alsation (Rosmar) together with my other half. The photo's a few years old now so one of them has less hair now and the other is gray around the muzzle.

Long coat chihuahua #1 (Rio). Completely mischievous and with a bark like a 747 taking off!

Long coat chihuahua #2 (Remy). The pack leader (he loves being the Alpha!) can't bark at all due to a throat problem from birth but it doesn't stop him from being dominant. When he meets other, larger dogs, his favorite trick is to stand directly underneath them as if to say, "Do you want bet you can reach your nether regions before I can?". I've seen Irish Wolfhounds and Boxers quake in the presence of this little thug!

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Ah, you just got to love those Boxers! I have one of those "kids" in the house too, although mine is only 75lbs of muscle. Best family dog for those with kids because they think they are one too, until someone comes near the kids.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dadgummit! How do you get the purdy pictures into your posts? I got a pooch too, but I can't seem to get a picture uploaded. I tried the little icon, but it asks for a URL.
                  Moon
                  Old Mooner

Comment

Hi Moon

There are plenty of online picture hosting sites available. I use Photobucket because it's free. Once you've uploaded your photographs to the site, you can link to them from your messages here.

Gill
                    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

Beavis

Gill...I'll try to post a couple larger pictures here. Sharon....he's not a Boxer, he's a Bullmastiff. Much larger than a Boxer and a lot less active.
                      Attached Files
                      If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

When they get that big and still think they're a lap dog...well my newfie is about 110 pounds and he is always climbing up into my lap...

Bob
                        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Thanks Neal. He's adorable .

Gill

Comment

We just adopted a 6mo. old boxer. Drove to Indiana last week through a blowing snowstorm from Montana to get him. He was rescued from a bad situation. He was extremely dehydrated. He is doing great the past few days. He joins our two Newfy cross (Newfy/Chow, Newfy/Retriever) 6 yr olds. Both Newfies are also lap dogs. Both of these are rescues also.
                            Attached Files
                            "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Ohhh Wow Cool Neal-- like Turner and Hooch-- Hummm-- if I remeber the movie right that dog was really smart --and drooled a lot..

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by NC Scroller
                                My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                                Today, 07:42 AM
                              • will8989
                                by will8989
                                None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                                Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                                Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                                Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                              Working...
                              X