Business Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Software?

A question for those of you who try to sell your wares at shows, on commission, etc. What software do you use to manage your business, if any? I'm talking about keeping account of costs, sales, etc. Any suggestions?
    Moon
    Old Mooner

I have looked at business software and found it pretty expensive and extensive. I don't need to print invoices or do payroll. I did come across a trial version that someone had made that allowed you to try then buy. If I come across it again I will post the information.
    For now, I made up a spreadsheet in Excel using the Balance Sheet template.
    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Hi Mooner, We don't sell at craft shows but own a small business. We've used both Microsoft Money and Quicken and find both to be great for keeping track of sales, costs and all the other things you need to track. I personally like Money because it talks you through everything and is easy to learn. Charts and reports are also in the software so you can easily see what you're spending, what your income is and what your profit is. The average person doesn't keep track of ALL their costs but this software prompts you for them and lets you insert any that it doesn't list but you'd like to track. It's pretty simple and would do the job.

Harris

Comment

Business software

Hi Moon,

We use a program called Quickbooks by Intuit to keep our accountants happy.

It is pretty easy to use and allows for the learning curve. In the past I have used programs that don't allow for those "oops, I didn't mean to do that THERE" kind of moments.

This program is available at most of those big box office supply stores and I believe the program is reasonably priced for the reporting it can do for you. All depends on your business needs I suppose.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Rolf
          Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
          That is...
          Today, 08:15 AM
        • Jimern
          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
          by Jimern
          The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
          Today, 06:29 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
          by will8989
          The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
          Yesterday, 11:10 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Farmers market
          by will8989
          Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
        • tgiro01
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by tgiro01
          Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
          Yesterday, 09:38 PM
        Working...
        X