Not really scrolled, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really scrolled, but

I started to scroll these at 45 degrees to give a mitre, but gave up and used a router.
    The young lady in the picture was a student at Purdue University-Calumet here in Hammond.
    In December 2004, while crossing the street to get to a class, she was struck by two cars and killed. Her family and friends decided to honor her with a scholarship in Elementary Education which was her major. My sister is a professor at Purdue and also the chairperson of the scholarship committee. She asked me if I could make the plaques to match the case they had bought. The plaques are genuine Mahagony stained with Behlen's Blood-Red Solar-Lux and finished with Semi-gloss Poly. After hearing the story of how she died, I only charged for the material, as her parents were paying for the plaques to be made.
    I'm kind of proud of how they came out.
    Attached Files
    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Good job on the plaques.

It is hard to bevel with the scrollsaw and have a straight edge.
    The story is a moving one. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
      Who has Been Vaccinated ?
      by Quartz43
      My wife and I got vaccinated this morning. I had worried that there would be long lines. But, the state of Indiana seems to have gotten it right. We went online 10 days ago and scheduled an bbc.co appointment. We got there as nd no line and went thru the check in, got our shots, waited 15 minutes...
      Today, 12:08 PM
    • theframer
      Reply to More toys
      by theframer
      Looking great Jim. Can't imagine and little guy I know who would not want these. I may BORROW your idea for my three nephews.

Thanks for sharing.

​​​​​​​Rick
      Today, 11:58 AM
    • Sandy Oaks
      Reply to More toys
      by Sandy Oaks
      Those are way cute, Jim.
      Today, 11:53 AM
    • Jim Finn
      More toys
      by Jim Finn
      This is what I have been working on this week. Using lathe and scroll saw. about 7" long tanker. I have made 20 of each so far
      . ...
      Today, 11:03 AM
    • Rolf
      Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
      by Rolf
      That's weird, on my Volume disk 5, in the index I have Aticle index, Issue PDF's, and pattern pullouts.
      The pattern pullouts are broken up into 8-1/2 x 11 s

At he end of each issue is a copy of the entire pullout for that issue....
      Today, 09:39 AM
    Working...
    X