Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharonW0111
    replied
    Well let me be the first to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB !!!!!!!!! and I just realized that you are my oldest sons age --- eeee gad that means I am old enough to be your mother
    Hope you have a great birthday and are able to celebrate tons more
    Sharon

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Strange, isn't it--my birthday is Jan. 26...

And since I'm out of dram, I'll have to settle for a single malt!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Happy Burns' Night to all our Scottish friends (and those of Scottish extraction ).

Bob, the tartan for a kilt needn't be that expensive - have a peek here. The only thing is you'd need to find someone to make it up for you. It's not difficult to find patterns.

Enjoy your dram tonight as you address the "Great Chieftan o' the Puddin-race".

Gill

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Actually, I was joshing a bit...I out grew my kilt a few years ago; and have decided that I'm not going to get another one of those ones that look so much like a schoolgirl skirt <grin>. I'm saving up to buy one of the wrap-around, traditional kilts (think Braveheart), but it's expensive to buy all that wool in the Duncan tartan.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Jediscroller
    replied
    Originally posted by SharonW0111
    okay guys-- this has got to be dealt with -- WHO IRONS???? didn't they outlaw that a long time ago?
    The only time my iron gets turned on is when I am in my sewing room making me a new pair of jammies--- seriously tho just had to add -- many years ago when I was a mrs.. I told my hubby that if it came out of the dryer wrinkled it was suppose to be that way ..I can still ( shudder the thought ) rember when I actually did iron-- nasty thought -- shooo nasty -- lol
    Actually, I've used iron on veneers, so I guess you could say I iron.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied
    Wellllll, I'm Irish, but once wore a kilt and carried a spooran (that is not a disease) in the play Brigadoon. I was McTavish or Mc or Mac something. It was a bit breezy but if anyone had suggested I was wearing a skirt they would'uv got kilt. I also had a tamoshanter. So there!
    McMoon

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Is anything worn under a kilt?

When asked "Is anything worn under the kilt?"
    There is only one true answer.

"No Ma'am it is all in fine working order!"

Leave a comment:

• Sue Chrestensen
    replied
    Bob.. I second the request for a new pic of you in your ironed and pleated kilt/ shirt..it's not my birthday but will please please please work?

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Photo requested

Ok Bob, I want a photo (new avitar) of you in your skirt... i mean ironed kilt... Ah, come on Man... it is my birthday afterall.... giggle.

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    Thanks for the info-I always wondered about.that and every time I see a man in kilts I think about it. I sure have some funny thoughts now about fishing in a kilt and useing the great outdoors for--- aren't you glad you don't have snapping turtles ---snicker-snicker ( actually the thoughts have me rolling on he floor with laughter)
    I'll be good now ----

maybe

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    YALLLLL ARE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I love it!!! carry on.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    I wore a kilt for several years when I was in the Canadian Scottish Regiment.
    I used to spend hours ironing all the pleats. Looked pretty smart when it was all done.
    As for the comments on the what is worn under the kilt, oh I have so many answers, but this is a family site.

Tradition is the answer. If you didn't go "regimental" you were fined.

Wow is this thread getting convoluted.
    Maybe a Topic area is needed. Lassies and Laddies

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    I'm afraid I can't answer that with any word except--------Tradition!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    Okay now I just have to ask -- and please don't be offened--- why don't you fellers wear underwear under them there kilts? seems it would be a bit "breezy"

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    But I just hate when my wool kilt gets wrinkled. Wrinkles infuriate me! No Highlander worth his claymore would be caught dead with a wrinkled skirt...i mean kilt. So if it takes an iron to get rid of those wrinkles, then iron I must!

Bob

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• keystonecop
    Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
    by keystonecop
    The original pattern was 7 1/2 x 13 1/4.. The book has no mention of resizing on all but one page. My guess the magazine and the book side of fox has no one who scrolls.. the last books have shown that. enlarged I had to use a #1 blade for many cuts. If I had just copied the pattern in its silver...
    Today, 12:09 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
    by will8989
    I think he is talking about the size of the patterns lately and extra steps needed to copy and resize them. It took me an hour to copy the fish from the latest issue with all the folding, cutting to match, tape, repeat. If it had been letter or legal size, I could have copied and resize with less hassle....
    Today, 11:55 AM
  • millwab
    Reply to Peanuts #1
    by millwab
    IDK? I remember that Ben sold Pegas blades, but the label on this package just says "Ben's Blades, Ultra Thin Puzzle Blade". When Denny started selling Pegas blades I asked him and he told me Pegas doesn't sell a specific "puzzle" blade. The 2/0 might be their answer....
    Today, 11:29 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to What is it?
    by will8989
    No, but I like that guess. It’s very useful and my niece wants one.
    Today, 09:52 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
    by Rolf
    Tim, do you have a picture?
    Today, 09:30 AM
Working...
X