Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobD
    replied
    I don't have a problem with the rambling--I really like Toni's origional thread, and feel bad that we hijaked it <grin>

Majority rules! Or perhaps we should ask Toni, since this started out as her thread!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Little flower
    replied
    [HTML]Anyone object if I split off the OT posts and make it a separate thread?
    Bob[/HTML]

No problem. We do tend to ramble a bit!!!

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    okay with me ----where do I sign up--lol

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Originally posted by BobD
    Anyone object if I split off the OT posts and make it a separate thread?
    Bob
    Sounds reasonable to me .

Gill

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Your the boss Bob, what you say goes!

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Anyone object if I split off the OT posts and make it a separate thread?
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    I stand corrected, Moon; I simply looked at a map and it struck me that Texas was pretty far down south. So when you guys refer to the 'Deep South', which states beside Alabama would you mean?

Hmmmm... not so sure you're right about Southern women being liberated though. When I saw 'Steel Magnolias' and 'Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe' I was struck by how them good ole gals were expected to raise a family and be supportive of hubby as their top priorities. But perhaps I'm getting a distorted view by taking too much notice of Hollywood.

Sorry for taking the thread so far off topic, Toni .

Gill

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied
    Baloney! You can't keep a "Texas Girl" "pregnant and in the kitchen." It is too darn hard to catch 'em. Probably the reason she (Sharon) never heard of shoes is that she always wears cowboy boots. Texas women don't need any rescue missions either. They are about as "emancipated" as you can get, bless their pea-pickin hearts. In case you haven't noticed "Texas Girl", I am also from Texas (native, I might add) and boots are still favored in this area. And Gill, "this area" is not, repeat not, the "Deep South". I lived in Alabama for awhile. That is the "Deep South."
    Moon

Leave a comment:

• Ann
    replied
    Gill -- "no shoes" is also connected to being kept "pregnant and in the kitchen". Think we should mount a rescue???

Ann

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Originally posted by SharonW0111
    What are shoes ?
    I'd heard rumors about womens emancipation not reaching into the Deep South, but I'd always thought they must be exaggerated. It seems I was wrong .

Gill

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    started a topic Ladies At Scroll Sawing (LASS)

Ladies At Scroll Sawing (LASS)

My question is to "Old " Moonie-- being a Texas girl-- giggle- I want to know -- What are shoes ?-- inquiring minds want to know---
    Sharon -- and as old as dirt here....lol

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to My lucky day!
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Arizona opened up vaccines to 55 and over this past week. Appointments at the county mass vaccine sites filled up within a few hours. Today I got online to my grandson's pediatrician's office, as I heard they were doing them to help the community. It took 5 minutes to snag an appointment for tomorrow...
    Yesterday, 11:49 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Eagle
    by Linda In Phoenix
    That's one pretty piece of wood and a very nice cutting. The story that goes with it and your father's love for wood make it even more special. May all that wood make you feel close to him always. Hold on to those memories of him to carry you through the Alzheimers, and for many years after. The...
    Yesterday, 11:45 PM
  • rhw80
    Reply to website to generate portraits from photos
    by rhw80
    This one? https://online.rapidresizer.com/phot...to-pattern.php
    Yesterday, 08:41 PM
  • martzy
    Eagle
    by martzy
    My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's this last summer. We had to move him into a nursing home because he couldn't take care of himself anymore. He used to run a successful wood shop. He made shooting benches, picnic tables, porch swings, among other things. My cousin bought his property so we...
    Yesterday, 05:43 PM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to Darkening oak
    by jim_mex
    Hi Jim - a long while back I did a series of ebonizing tests using the steel wool and vinegar method on a variety of woods. On white oak the color turns out to be a light grey. On red oak its a much darker grey black. To get the best out of ebonizing i.e. the blackest coloration the wood needs t o be...
    Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Working...
X