Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharonW0111
    replied
    okay guys-- this has got to be dealt with -- WHO IRONS???? didn't they outlaw that a long time ago?
    The only time my iron gets turned on is when I am in my sewing room making me a new pair of jammies--- seriously tho just had to add -- many years ago when I was a mrs.. I told my hubby that if it came out of the dryer wrinkled it was suppose to be that way ..I can still ( shudder the thought ) rember when I actually did iron-- nasty thought -- shooo nasty -- lol

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    A word of advice

A dear friend of mine once told me at a wedding, the best piece of advice I have ever heard about the relationship between men and women.
    "A wise man has the last word.... and doesn't use it."

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    I'm giggling so hard that I have to re iron my skirt--I mean kilt...I mean....
    And the Duncan Clan tartan looks so good with my eyed <grin>

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Sharon, Moon, Bob, and everyone else who's contributed...

Thank you!

This thread has become delightfully tangled and I'm giggling away to myself in blissful confusion.

Gill

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Originally posted by Neal Moore
    how long will it take a Highlander to figure this one out)?? ;
    It'll probably take them a while, Neal. The only Highlanders I know are far too pre-occupied right now pressing their skirts... errrr... sorry... kilts... ready for Burns' Night.

English Gill

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    Bob in refrence to your last statement-- you made mine too -- this was or is it is FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    Bob -- OHHHHHH Bob my dear Bob -- NEVER ever be afraid of a lady-- it is us women you have to worry about --lol-- we are mean to the bone and out shoot, out spit and out work most any man- and thats a fact...
    As for my friend Gill - I would hate to see her mad because I bet there is a hidden banchee in her somewhere-
    and by the way Gill-- I am a Texan- not a southern girl- BIGGGGG difference-
    no I don't stay barefoot and in the kitchen- I had 2 boys -8 years apart- I use to be a great cook now if i can't nuke it or toaster oven it it ain't got- my favorite saying- if you want it done -- do it yourself cause I aint agonna
    and the shoes paqrt- I use to wear cowboy boots true- I stopped wearing anything with heels longgg time ago- but I simply rather go barefoot- doesn't mean I wear boots -- I just don't wear shoes at all unless I go to the doctor and sometimes I take off my shoes as soon as I get there..
    thanks Bob for the chance to clear the matter up that was started--
    by the way Gill a girl from texas has the best manners and a kinder more tender heart thann a southern girl- but we are smarter than the bells- we don't let men push us around

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    This general irreverance and irrelevance is the most fun I've had in a while! Thank you all!!!!!!!!! You've made my day!!!!!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Neal Moore
    replied
    Bobcat....sure wish I hadn't referred you to the "flame warriors site"!!! Now you don't even type in large font for fear of offending someone!! LOL!! BTW what a wonderful title for the Ladies At Scroll Sawing (how long will it take a Highlander to figure this one out)??

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Frightfully afraid of appearing to be an unmodern, unmetro-sexual, non-politically correct barbarian, Bob refrains from any further comments. He also will change the title of this thread to something much less offensive such as Ladies of a Gentle Culture and Resilence.

This was written by Little Blaine (for you fans of Stephen King's Gunslinger series)

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied
    What in the world are you guys talking about? We were just discussing geography and whether or not women wear shoes in Texas. What has that to do with "Women's Lib"? Whatever that means.
    Gill--usually Texas considers itself a part of the "West". Remember "Western" movies? Rodeos and cowboys? To us the "deep south" would usually mean Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, the Carolinas, and maybe Arkansas and Tennessee. The Virginias are, of course, southern too, but not really "deep". This will, no doubt, bring about a new discussion.
    As for your impression of the suppressed "southern belle" type. Forget it! Southern women have led their men around (Texans too) by the nose throughout history. They are just usually not quite so strident as some more "liberated" ladies. Men of the South/West have a tendency to be "Southern Gentlemen" and defer to the ladies much more often than men in other areas. We just prefer that when the ladies tell us what to do that they do it in a more refined and gentle way. By the way, Fannie Flagg ("Fried Green Tomatoes" and others) is one of my favorite writers.
    This should get the ball rolling BobD.
    Moon

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Ahhhhh Do you really think I should. I don't want to make a mistake. What if I make the wrong decision....I think I'll decide not to make a decision <GRIN>
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Better hurry up and split it Bob, I think I heard the Xena cry!

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Are you all sure? I mean, I could re-merge the threads later if we decided that we didn't want them split. I really want to make everyone happy. I'm not an ogre (or ADMIN from the Flame Warriors site). I really want to get everyone's opinion.

Bob (who can be terrifyingly insecure at times when confronted by a terrifyingly assertive female <grin>)

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Oh, for goodness sake Bob!

The thread needs to be split, so split the thread. Let's have no more shilly-shallying.

Gill (who can be terrifyingly assertive sometimes )

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X