Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Rain go away!

23rd straight day of rain

I work outside and my feet are getting webbed.
    I saw the strangest thing yesterday, animals were walking down the road in pairs. I may get inspired and finish off my Noah's ark pattern, if I don't wash away.

Do others spend more time in the shop when the weather is bad, or does it get you down so you are not into scrolling as much?
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Hi Carl

I tend to slow down at this time of year anyway. My other half reckons I have Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Gill...are you suffering from SAD <grin>

I love the new acronyms they have these days. My wife works in mental health and they have a totally different language!

Bob
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

As I said in another thread, send some of it my way. Texas is suffering from drought and fires. All the cattle tanks (ponds) are drying up and fish are walking north. Floods in one area and drought in another. Must be the Martians or George Bush's fault. I hear he caused the hurricane to hit Louisiana.
        Moon
        Old Mooner

Comment

Not enough rain in Texas, too much rain elsewhere................

I am just glad that "hurricane" season is finally over, I think!!!!!!!!!!!

Come to think it I do work more in the shop when it is a rainy day.

Comment

It rained here today. But this was a get-a-way day for me planned last week. I've not had a day off in a few weeks and had a funeral to do yesterday.... so today I took off for Columbus, Ohio for the indoor golf dome. Sad thing is that I just wished I had my scroll saw there as well. I could hit some balls... go cut.... then go hit some balls then cut...

Oh well... then I went to a Golfsmith store (looked at tools of all things & shoes). Then went over too the Jack Nicklaus Museum. Ended the day having dinner with my mom who still lives in Columbus.

Oh, to answer your question.... I either scroll, read or try my new attempts at making patterns during rain/snow spells.

Comment

Columbus OH.

Hey Grizz.....I didn't know you were that close. Both my daughter and my son live in Columbus....I even go there occasionally!!! Don't much like to drive in that city but have to visit the grandkids once in a while!!
              If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

What is Rain ?????

Being in Texas I don't think I have seen this thing you call "RAIN". What does it look like? Can you eat it ? Does it have anything that has to do with baths?? I use to shower when we had a rain but siince we haven't had any of that --- Oh yea now I know === I "ll take all you send this way PLEASE -- serious drought here and last rain for our area was in june of last year- and that's no bull.

Send all unwanted rain to us -- we need baths
                Sharon

Comment

Carl, look on the bright side . . . it's wet but not white and you don't have to shovel it!
                  Bruce
                  . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
                  visit sometime
                  Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

24 days and counting. We are about to break a record here.
                    I really don't mind the rain too much, like millwab said, at least I don't have to shovel it.
                    I can shovel here instead
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Drought

Hey Sharon.....Mooner said it was really dry out his way too....said it was so dry the trees were fighting over dogs and the fishermen were picking wood ticks off catfish.....but you know Moon...streeeeeetchs the truth a little. I think all those flyboys do that!! Whatcha think Moon???
                      If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Carl,
                        Our weatherman here said last nite that the record in Seattle was 33 days straight (1953) and that record may be in jeopardy. Sure hope you have some waders.

Bruce
                        Bruce
                        . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
                        visit sometime
                        Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Our record will be blown away Monday. It was in the 50s too.
                          A few roads are closed here, that does make my job a little humourous.
                          I read water meters, charge people for what comes from the sky
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

he's telling the truth (this time)

Neal I heard on the news last night that my area is 54 inches below normal for the last three years. So I have to say OLD moon isn't stretching it this time-- heck even the skeeters went away cause there isn't any place to lay eggs....
                            Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by Neal Moore
                              Hey Grizz.....I didn't know you were that close. Both my daughter and my son live in Columbus....I even go there occasionally!!! Don't much like to drive in that city but have to visit the grandkids once in a while!!
                              My mom lives in Columbus and I grew up there. I live in Xenia, Oh. now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by cwmagee
                                I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                                Today, 05:39 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                                Today, 05:26 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Rolf
                                Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                                My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                                Today, 04:32 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by Rolf
                                Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                                Today, 04:19 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                                Today, 03:47 PM
                              Working...
                              X