Question about steel marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about steel marks

This forum says it is about anything other than scroll sawing so here is a crazy question. How do you get steel marks (from silverware) off dishes. My dishes are covered with grey marks which I am sure are from silverware. The dishes were not cheap (Noritake) but they look bad now. I tried baking soda and it did lighten the marks somewhat but did not eliminate them. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/

Pfalzgraff makes a product called Pfalzgraff Cleaner that is supposed to do that for stoneware and porcelain. I haven't used it, but my wife (former housewares buyer) knew about it.

Comment

There are few products that I really scream about but Johnson and Johnson Magic Eraser is one of them.
      You can't go wrong!
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Lazeegurl

Thanks so much for your help! I will check out these products. If I get my housework done I can spend more time at the scroll saw.

Comment

One thing to learn about scroll sawing -- there is no time for house cleaning just sawing --lol

Comment

Originally posted by SharonW0111
            One thing to learn about scroll sawing -- there is no time for house cleaning just sawing --lol
            How true.... .

Gill
            There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
            (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to Sundays market
              by will8989
              We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
              Today, 08:56 PM
            • Jim McDonald
              Reply to Interesting pallet
              by Jim McDonald
              I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
              But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
              Today, 08:17 PM
            • Quartz43
              Reply to New tools
              by Quartz43
              I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
              Today, 03:40 PM
            • hotshot
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by hotshot
              You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
              Today, 02:27 PM
            • RJweb
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by RJweb
              I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
              Today, 01:31 PM
            Working...
            X