Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Challenge for Puzzle Makers

This is a new challenge for advanced puzzle makers:

British youth, needing to pay for college, is selling web page at $1.00 a dot. About 1 million dots make up his web page. Lots of advertisers have paid and it is something to see.

http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/

{For full details: google under NEWS for milliondollarhomepage.}

But with all the bright colors, images, and so forth, I just felt a puzzle was just waiting to be cut. Then I realized this was beyond my skill, and time away from my day job.

Phil

Yes Phil, that would surely make a challenging and skill testing puzzle.
    It was kinda neat to hover all the adds there but it sure makes me wonder how many will click on some of them and wind up with a computer full of spam and spyware and pop up adds..
    I wouldn't dare open one of those adds unless I was positive it was a safe and respectable one.
    What do you think. Am I correct in assuming that ? Or am I being too cautious.
    W.Y.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

W.Y.

No, not too cautious. A few links, I am sure, are going to try to put third party ad-ware, spyware, and so forth, on your computer. But many seem honest business (mostly in UK) trying to find a way to get a broader customer base.

I went to the 2nd page (link on top to Pixel List) and looked at the list of advertisers, and clicked on a few (maybe 10 or 12 out of hundreds) and my anti-mal-ware only went off on one of the links, which is not a bad average. But I have a good (not best, or great, just good) anti-malware program that I trust. Others may not have it so good.

But I really just looked at the shock of all that color and images and thought of the massive challenge of trying to put a puzzle like that back togeather after cutting it up. I was overwhelmed.

But OT: one of the links is to a shop in London that sells cartoon art:
      http://www.lollipopanimation.com/
      which of course would make a better puzzle topics for my puzzle making skill level. When I visited that site, they did not seem to put anything bad on my computer.

Phil

Comment

Phil
        Thanks for that cartoon art link. I opened it and bookmarked it because I definitely trust any link that you would provide here.
        You are so right that a lot of those pictures would be excellent for making puzzles. I will be trying some freehand puzzles in the new year with some puzzle blades I received just recently. I have to catch up with some more orders for large fretwork clocks first and some wood lathe turnings and then I want to try my luck with puzzles just for a change of pace.. I am still recovering from a Woodworking accident with surgery and broken arm bone that has kept me out of the shop since October10th until just the past week and I am gradually starting back.. The pysiotherapy is just as bad for pain if not worse than the original accident and healing process but I am forcing myself at playing my guitar and scrolling in short sessions and both are turning out to be great forms of therapy.
        Obviously all those puzzles in that site are for sale. I may inquire from that puzzle maker if he would be interested in providing one of those pictures to a hobbiest for a one only cutting. Worst he could say would be no but the quality of pictures he has there would still give me lots of ideas for the type I should be looking for elsewhere.
        W.Y.
        http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X