Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moolcool
    replied
    well my local library has scroll saw books i could easily photocoppy but that wouldnt stop me from buying a book im not going to coppy an entire book

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    I,as a consumer would say no,i wouldnt consider it a new pattern,and if i saw it labeled as such,would probably not purchase it.If i was a designer, I think I would be pretty upset with someone calling somthing of my design theirs,even if its only one part.Perhaps if you could get written approval from the designers who you are borrowing from,then it might be ethical,but as described in your post, I dont see it as right.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    that is a heavy question.
    I guess it depends on how close to the original each copy is
    Most "new" ideas are based on concepts we have seen before.
    As an example say you were making a Black Forest Cuckoo clock
    There have been lots of designs made before, many look alike. If you were to copy an entire clock and change the character on thr front from a deer to a woodsman, I would say that was an infringement of the original copyright.
    If you took elements from several clocks and made a new design, you could call it your own.
    But thats just my opinion. I havent been in trouble with the law yet
    This is certainly a very hot topic here. I am sure you will get lots of opinions.

Leave a comment:

• P/T scroller
    started a topic Pattern Copyrights

Pattern Copyrights

If I use 1/2 of one 1/2 of another does that brake copyrights???
    Can I call this pattern mine???

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Reply to Bruce’s new toys
    by will8989
    I forgot to mention the 5000 watt(?) generator his brother gave him. His brother does house remodeling and lots of times people give him “stuff” just to get rid of it. Bruce had to drain the gas, change the fuel lines and some other minor things for $35 and it starts on the first pull....
    Today, 09:20 AM
  • will8989
    by will8989
    This is his $40 haul. The paint bush was never used. He cleaned up the grinder. He added up all the attachments and brand new everything would be almost $800. This was their yearly tool swap. Every month members bring things they don’t need and swap smaller items. Even scrap wood. Anything 5”x5”...
    Today, 09:06 AM
  • Rolf
    by Rolf
    That is what our woodworking group does for the members if sadly needed....
    Today, 08:49 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Hi All
    by Rolf
    Where are you located in England? I was at RAF Lakenheath back in the early 70's and bought my 70 TVR Vixen, which I still have. I absolutely loved my time there.!...
    Today, 08:46 AM
  • Kingpin
    Reply to Hi All
    by Kingpin
    all for the warm welcome 😎
    Today, 07:03 AM
Working...
X