Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sales

Hi Guys,

My son and I just got back from a Men's Prayer Clinic and for the first time there set up a display table to sell our wares. For the 2 &1/2 day retreat we sold over $500.00 worth. Not to bad for our first 'gig' outside of our mini-booth. There was about 350 men there, no women. We put up mostly all 'christian' oriented items, with a few 'animals'. I had learned quickly that we need more $5-$10 items. They all went very quickly, a guy/man seems to have no thought of spending that out of his pocket, but the higher end items were difficult to go. And by higher I mean the $20-$30 range. I did get a few orders for mission display items as well. What was fun about the display was having my son there helping out, he got a kick out it all!

ps. The prayer clinic was great too!

Way to go Grizz !!!!
    Personally I like scrolling Christian things better than the triditional - I seem to enjoy it more and find a inner peace when I scroll Christian ... Just rember to "pay" that son of yours for helping ..hope you break a millionaire bank someday with your work.
    Sharon

Comment

I agree Sharon, there's something about scrolling Christian pieces that relaxes me too! When people I know see the crosses I scroll, they ask if I've become a "born again Christian". I just tell them that they sell good. I get to enjoy scrolling them and the customers get to enjoy owning them.
      Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Originally posted by SharonW0111
        Just rember to "pay" that son of yours for helping ..hope you break a millionaire bank someday with your work.
        Sharon
        Don't worry, he didn't let me forget!

Comment

Nice job on the display and the items Grizz. You guys did great!
          You never know what will go in sales. Somedays you just don't have enough of a certain item and the next time it wont sell at all.
          It really depends on the venue too. If I try to sell things in the small city where I live I never really get much of a markup. If I go towards the bigger city, the same item will bring more money.
          When scrolling Christian pieces, each piece will have a certain meaning to the person who buys it, funny how the message is always the same but its appeal is different to everyone.
          Congratulations to you and your son. I hope the future brings much more of the joy you shared.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Grizz

The display looks great. Good to hear you sold some items but most important you had fun doing it. The more you do events the more you learn how it is no science to figure out if you will do well. The market is so fickle these days. I like to do religious items also because they are inspirational when making and people seem to always look for them. Good luck with future shows and thanks for showing us.
            John T.

Comment

Carl & John T.

Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by NC Scroller
                I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                Today, 11:24 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Big week here
                by NC Scroller
                Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                Today, 11:18 AM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by jim_mex
                Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
                Today, 09:17 AM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                by jim_mex
                Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
                Today, 08:42 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by Rolf
                WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
                Today, 08:20 AM
              Working...
              X