Check This Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check This Out

Anyone involved with the "arts and crafts" field will apprecite this guy's stuff. Check out this web site. It boggled my mine and I haven't had my mind boggled in some time. www.liviodemarchi.com/index.htm.
    Moon
    Old Mooner

Jaw Dropping
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

There are some really tallented people out there that are heads and shoulders above some. There is a person that make wooden flowers that you think were real.There is a guy who makes wooden hats that again you think are real. I do not have their links sorry. There are those that make jewlery boxes with exotic woods that are great so many talented people.
      John T.

Comment

John, like this guy.

http://www.gofraser.com/photos.htm
        Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

WOW that is wood as a medium isn't it?

I have seen some incredible carvings over the years but someone always pushes things to the next level.
          I guess this answers that age old question of art and craft.
          We can look back at something like the sound hole in a lute. A crafts person may make it as a simple circle, an artist may embellish it with intricate knot work carved in multiple layers. Or the rosette could be an intricate inlaid pattern.
          These must be the people who are never satisfied with good enough, The ones who press ahead and cross those boundaries set out by others, to boldly go where ....never mind that was a movie tag-line!

These are great links we can all benefit from them. It might be good to set up a reference page of ART in WOOD.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Here is another one.

Bob

http://www.amberjean.com/portfolio.p...=0&id_piece=31
            Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by Linda In Phoenix
              What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
              The bags seem easier on the surface.
              But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
              Today, 03:24 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by will8989
              Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
              Today, 10:32 AM
            • Sandy Oaks
              by Sandy Oaks
              As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
              Today, 09:46 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by NC Scroller
              I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
              Today, 07:42 AM
            • NC Scroller
              by NC Scroller
              I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
              Today, 07:39 AM
            Working...
            X