Good bye for awhile my friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good bye for awhile my friends

To my good friends on the board here; the time has come where I must say goodbye for now...but not forever.

I was notified last week that I am to be an individual augmentee to a unit being mobilized in late November of 05'. For those that know me you know my job, for those that don't know; just know that I serve as my brothers and sisters do....with great pride. I will be on an 18 month hitch and God knows if I could find a way to tote my saw with me in my ruck I would...but I'll try my best.

Besides that news I want to thank the many folks who have given me advice and been there for me over the past 9 months, I've learned so much and upon my return I look forward to learning even more. I promise to at least lurk on the forum when given the chance but it may be quite breif if at all. To my scrolling friends Neal, Gill, JT, Troy, Kevin and those whacky Canadians I say goodbye for now, but not forever...we'll catch up later.

We ship on 20 Septemeber, I'll give my info as I am permitted, best wishes all.

Infantry leads the way.
    Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Oh no !

Todd, you'll be missed sorely until you return safely. Eighteen months is far too long a time for us to lose you.

And you've just got a new saw too ! I hope your workshop survives your absence and doesn't get converted into a 'temporary' sewing room, or something like that. Perhaps you should be training up your young 'uns right now so that the scrolling will continue even if you're not there.

Take care.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Good Luck, keep safe and thanks for serving!
      Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Later, Rivari-

Keep safe and return unharmed. We'll miss you.

Get 'er Done!

-Bill
        -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Gods speed my friend.
          We all eagerly wait your return.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

You, and all your brothers and sisters in arms, are in my thoughts!

Have a safe journey, be careful, and return safely my friend!

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Gosh, Todd, you bring a lump to the throat. Please know that you will be in the prayers of many of your board friends, mine among them.
              Do us proud, and come back safely!
              Sandy

Comment

Todd,

You'll be missed buddy. But I understand from where you speak. As a fellow ex-infantryman myself, I know from where you speak. So serve proud, serve hard but serve to stay alive..

If your platoon lieutanent won't let you carry your new saw instead of that M-60 then let me be the first to volunteer to look after it for ya..I promise to keep it all nice and shiny.

Keep in touch...private message me your details when you know them..be more than happy to send ya some in the trenches mail.

Troy

Comment

Aw, come on Todd, You've seen white 3M's friends can do wiht a hand fretsaw. That should pack down tight <grin>

On the other board, some of the carvers have been putting together carving care packages to send to some of the troops...if we get some hand fretsaws and small blanks (I'm thinking bookmark size)...sorry, just brainstorming ways to keep you in the sawdust Todd!

Bob
                  www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Todd

Good Luck to you and GOD SPEED. Stay safe and keep the head up at all times. If by some chance drop a note here. Will hold the forte down here till you get back. Now who is going to ask all the questions? Sure going to be a slow 18 months.
                    John T.

Comment

Good luck Todd and becareful.

Bob
                      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Thanks for all the support and kind words, I know I'll be just fine as my friends know me as being Rubbermade.

Bob, I already started thinking of ways to make saw dust while gone. I know my cheap set of carving knives are already on my packing list. BTW, can I get my SSW subscription sent over there?
                        Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by Rivari
                          ... I already started thinking of ways to make saw dust while gone. I know my cheap set of carving knives are already on my packing list....
                          How about a hand scroll saw. I am sure some of the stuff they are sending you will be in wooden boxes, just crying out to be a clock of something.
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Todd,
                            Take care, Todd. I pray that you will return safely.
                            Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Todd,

Be careful in all that you do. And know that we appreciate you for it.

And... go ahead and alot a good chunk of time at the end of that 18 months to read all the new posts on here

Like someone else said if there's an address where you could get some mail I'm sure some of us would send you something. You know...pictures of our projects and one of an RBI so you can drool and dream. Or do you already have a picture of that in your wallet?

Seriously as a veteran myself I know I enjoyed getting mail. If you can receive, we'll send.

God bless you and yours.

Matt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                                Today, 06:47 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                                Today, 06:38 PM
                              • Jim Finn
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jim Finn
                                The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                                Today, 04:48 PM
                              • MidMich324
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by MidMich324
                                Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                                Today, 03:57 PM
                              • RJweb
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by RJweb
                                As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                                Today, 03:42 PM
                              Working...
                              X