No announcement yet.

Rivari's Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice job thinking outside the box with that eagle leaf pattern Rivari! Stay safe and know you have our THANKS today and every day for what you do.

As a side note - Where do you get your thin wood stock in Wasilla?
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Howdy Bearfret,

The basswood rounds come from Wal-Mart and the baltic birch I use comes from either Home Depot or Lowe's. There is a place in Anchorage that does sell more exotic woods though the name slips me at the moment.

Good to see another Alaskan on the forum, keep posting and when I get out of the sandbox perhaps we can exchange more info on the local level.
      Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Rivari,

Deal, lets get togther when you are back from your assignment.

I've got a good stock of mixed hardwoods (domestic and exotic) in various thicknesses (1/8-3/4) on hand that you will be more than welcome to paw thru/take some home!
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Bearfret,

Try Hardware Specialties. They have all the hardwood you need. But be ready to spend. They are pricey and only sell full-lenghth boards.

Dan
          Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Comment

Thanks Max/Dan!

I've been there , close to my real job, and noticed they were very proud of their wood. I walked around and looked and was impressed with their stock. They don't, or didn't at the time, carry anything under 3/4". I asked if they had resaw capabilities and got some major attitude. I left and haven't been back.

I've got a couple folks I buy from online that I met thru eBay. Real good folks, great wood, great price, and beats anything I've found in Anchorage hands down for price - and that includes the postage!

Its good to hear from a fellow Anchorage-ite. Let me know if you are interested in getting together.

Barry

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X