Rivari's Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivari's Eagle

Hey Todd.....I was just looking through the gallery and saw your eagle inset. Pretty innovative and real nice work. I've never seen anything inset like that before. I like it!!
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Thanks Neal for the good words. Honestly I haven't ever done anything like that before. I just think the eagle and leaf didn't looked very good alone so I added the basswood outer to give it a little bit more life. I have a few other ideas I would like to add into the inset routine, just need to find the materials I need.
    Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Well it does work! You are pretty talented for a Northerner
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Yeah I have to give kudos to you as well. I've seen those leaf patterns all over the place and was kinda getting tired of seeing them. I just didn't like them that much. But after seeing your version I'm seeing them in a new way. I liked it a lot. Very nice work.

Comment

Got to add my kudos. The eagle is a nice revision of the old "leaf" pattern thing.
          Old Mooner

Comment

Yeah I agree, it looks amazing. Makes ya think about other possibilites when looking through the pattern catalogs...

Comment

Todd you did a outstanding job on the eagle-- I never cared much for the leaf patterns but you made it look so pretty --- Keep up doing the thinking thing --works good
              Sharon

Comment

I sure appreciate the compliments by all, as a newbie in my first year of scrolling it is nice to hear that I managed to take what I too thought was a rather boring pattern and brought it to life a bit more. I had that leaf and eagle hanging in the shop for over a month before I decided something else needed to be done to it, glad to hear that decision was worth while.
                Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

How did you get the leaf to inset perfectly and snug?
                  Confuscious says, "The cautious seldom err".
                  Confuscious didn't own a scrollsaw either.

Comment

Hi Capt. Rivari is stationed overseas at the moment, but I believe he cut the leaf at a bevel.
                    The angle of the bevel will determine the height of the piece.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by CanadianScroller; 11-15-2005, 08:42 AM.
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Nice

Rivari-
                      That Egale look very nice, indeed. I've been scrolling about a year myself and haven't tryed that bevel cut yet. When I do try I hope it will come out half as good.

Ya got 'er done.

-Bill
                      -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Howdy all I'm here online...err..for the moment.

Actually the leaf is not beveled at all. It was a straight cut which I took alot of time on to ensure I had a nice tight fit. For the areas that were a tad to tight I used a bit of sandpaper to get the fit needed.

Thanks for the compliment on that piece.

Todd
                        Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

Did you outline the leaf onto the basewood then cut it separate and sand to fit? If so, I take it you had to draw a fine line the cut slow and true.
                          Confuscious says, "The cautious seldom err".
                          Confuscious didn't own a scrollsaw either.

Comment

I'm new to the group. Stumbled onto the gallery photos..I too am suitably impressed.

Congrats on a job well done...
                            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

That is exactly what I did Capt., now you can see just how easy it was to do. Though in retrospect beveling would offer a nicer fit. Further if it were beveled one might be able to add a bit of copper to the inside to accent the whole piece.

I really need my saw folks, only 15 more months to go.
                              Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X