Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivari
    replied
    According to the UPS tracker my new "baby" will arrive on the 23rd...I'll be waiting with polish and a nice fluffy blanket in hand.

Whats the best wood to feed to a newborn saw?

Leave a comment:

• Woodbutcher68
    replied
    While you're waiting, you could draw up plans for the RBI shrine!

Leave a comment:

• Rivari
    replied
    Grizz where have you been? Haven't seen you posting for a bit.

Neal, I think I have created a monster. With the pending arrival of the new saw the wife has asked what I am going to do with the old one. Now she has an interest in doing a bit of scrolling! I love the idea, but if she soon gets tired of the old saw I know she will want a new one too.

Beyond waxing, polishing and telling it bedtime stories I hope to find time to put it to work. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. (According to the Hawk Rep. it should be here next Wednesday...pending any Canadian Hijacking on it's way here...Carl!)

Leave a comment:

• Grizz
    Guest replied
    I like my G4. Today I finally put my back wheels on that I had ordered with the Saw. Wife is making me clean up the shop and area... so since I can't cut today, thought I'd tinker with the Saw and such.

Leave a comment:

• Neal Moore
    replied
    Waxing and polishing

Todd....after seeing the pictures of your shop I have no problem believing you will wax and polish that saw!!!! LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• Rivari
    replied
    I probably be waxing and polishing it more then cutting.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Congratulations!! Not only do we want to see pictures of the saw, but also of what you do with it!!
    Theresa

Leave a comment:

• Rivari
    replied
    Sandy it took the last edition of SSW 3 weeks to get up here so I cannot even begin to think how long it will take a saw to get here. I did send RBI an email asking what the approximate shipping date would be and I haven't received a reply yet. For the price of shipping and handling to Alaska that was paid it should be here in 30 minutes or less, S&H was the only tough part of this purchase.

Bill I will be sure to add my input on it's performance versus my old saw's once I am up and running.

Did I mention how excited I was yet?

Leave a comment:

• wwalker47
    replied
    congrats

Todd-

Congrats on your new Hawk. Please post a follow up on how you like it and preformance. I would like to get a new saw, but not in the cards right now.

-Bill

Leave a comment:

• sheltiecarver
    replied
    Todd,
    Congratulations on yer new baby!! I have an RBI Hawk, and I love it.
    I think the biggie is that we get a quality saw, then the differences get so much smaller - and we all tend to want everyone to confirm our decision by buying the same saw.
    My saw took almost 2 weeks to get to rural California, and then it was just the legs!! The working parts took almost another week. Of course, this was around Christmas, when UPS is swamped, so hopefully you won't have such a long "gestation period"
    Again - congratulations.
    Sandy

Leave a comment:

• Rivari
    started a topic To good to be true!

To good to be true!

I reached a fork in the road, after having fought with my Dremel 1800 for too many weeks now, I started my quest of comparing different saws. Much of the info I took into account was from here in the forum. I've received catalogs from numerous companies and one of which sent me a great video showing their product in action. I've compared prices, I've searched eBay, I honestly think I have put more effort into this endevour than I did my own wedding plans, and now finally my search is over and I did something exciting this morning.

I ordered my new saw!(which is on sale right now)

Drumroll please...

I ordered a RBI G4! Whoopie!

So thats my big news, I am tickled to the point of no return and now I have to play the waiting game until it to arrives. I would try to explain the many reasons for my choice but it just boils down to one thing, the sale RBI has going on right now finally put this saw in my target price range.

When the lil bugger arrives I'll get some pictures, this is almost like having a new baby coming home.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
    Reply to Phone call from son.
    by meflick
    Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
    Today, 01:10 PM
  • meflick
    Reply to Hello from Central Florida
    by meflick
    Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
    Today, 01:04 PM
  • John Smith
    by John Smith
    Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
    HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
    Today, 10:01 AM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to Phone call from son.
    by Jim McDonald
    My kids always call me since I am the one who probably did the stuff they are calling about.

I know it's scary to get that call, but I'm glad to hear the charge exited where it did before it went any further.

Probably hurts like hell and he has a copper taste in his mouth...
    Today, 09:52 AM
  • Sandy Oaks
    by Sandy Oaks
    Welcome to the forum from TN. As a Pegas Distributor, Pegas has the Super Skip blades which works perfectly with acrylics at a reduced speed.
    Today, 09:40 AM
Working...
X