Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picnic Pictures

Bob

What happened to all the picnic pictures you said you were going to post. I understand you were at another picnic this weekend? Is this true and if so tell us about it. Do not hide these facts Bob. Your fans want to know everything.
    John T.

Sorry,

I've got one word: Magazined Deadlines!

WHen I go to these shows, I lose essentially two work days (in the office) and I'm still trying to get caught up from the Branson show <grin>

As soon as I can get some extra time to get the photos converted, I'll post them!

We are also going to have a picnic roundup article in the next issue of SSW.

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I figured as much as that is the reason. Sounds like a good idea on the magazine thing. OK get back to work and no scrolling time for you.
      John T.

Comment

Scrolling time

Maybe since Bob is busy we could all volunteer to scroll by proxy
        he could tell us what projects he wants, we can scroll them. He wont get the enjoyment of scrolling but how could he turn down an offer like that

My father was an editor among other things. I know the deadline situation all too well.
        I on the other hand, being a great government worker watch all those deadlines very closely...as they drift on by.

Keep up the great work Bob. No worries on the pics for now. Tomorrow will be fine
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I took some pics!
          Good thing I don't make my living wth a camera!
          Have to resize some more later.
          There is a shot of Rick Hutcheson and Joe Dively and another fellow judging the competition. Joe started the Midwest Scrollsaw Picnic and it has been taken over by Dirk Boelman and Ocooch Hardwood lumber.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Woodbutcher68; 08-08-2005, 07:59 PM.
          Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Some beautiful works there, Thanks for sharing the pics!
            I have never been to a picnic before had no idea what to expect. They sound like lots of fun
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Enjoyed the pictures. I've never been to one either. I'd like to some day though. Nice work there.

Comment

Thanks ever so much for posting those pictures. The standard of work looks awesome.

Although I'd love to go to a picnic, there's no realistic prospect of me ever doing so. It was great to at least get a vicarious sense of one through the photographs.

Gill
                There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I didn't realize that I was going to be the "Official Website Picnic Photographer". Next year I'll do a better job and get pics of the winning entries and more of the booths and displays.
                  Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Well, Gill,

You can start the first Scroll Saw Picnic across the sea in the Great British Isles!
                    <Grin>

Bob
                    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobD
                      Well, Gill,

You can start the first Scroll Saw Picnic across the sea in the Great British Isles!
                      <Grin>

Bob
                      Or she could go to the one in Sweden!
                      Fred

Comment

Well, Gill,

<Grin>

Bob
                        There used to be one in Sweden.
                        Fred

Comment

Well, Gill,

<Grin>

Bob
                          Don't think I'm not plotting !

I've teamed up with a friend in America to run a 'Scrollsaw Challenge' on one of the main UK woodwork forums. The idea is that if we can get general woodworkers to dust off their scrollsaws and cut some basic patterns we've designed, they might get bitten by the bug. There's no point inaugurating a UK picnic until we get more active scrollers.

Gill
                          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

Gill,

What is the URL for that forum? I may poke me nose around there as well! Let me know the details on your challenge--maybe we can get something into News and Notes for you!

Bob
                            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Hi Bob

The forum is at UK Workshop ( http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/ ) and the thread in question is here.

Any help would be much appreciated ! So would visits from any other scrollers. The forum is very friendly and it seems to have attracted a lot of international members.

Gill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                                Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                                Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                              Working...
                              X