Bandsaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandsaws

I have been a woodcarver for 6 years and I still have the same problem I had year one. I have a small bandsaw and a small scroll saw. When I want to cut out something over 5 inches thick I can't because the saw will lock up and won't do any details. Do I need a larger bandsaw(industrial)? The scroll saw will only cut pieces 2 1/4 inches thick. Do I need a larger scroll saw? Or should I revert to a clamp and chisel or should I purchase a receprocation saw or should I purchase a arbotech? Please help. Thanks for any help, JoAnn

Re: Bandsaws

Try re-adjusting the drive belt. And clean the blade wheels with some denatured alcohol. There is a glaze that builds up on the rubber wheels that causes the blades to slip.
    Of course, I would always tell the wife that it was shot, and I needed a new one!
    Visit Easton, Md's Waterfowl Festival November 8th 9th and 10th.

Comment

Re: Bandsaws

:P I doubt you will find a scroll saw that will take much more than 2-3' so a bigger bandsaw may be in order. Although you may want to check out the type of blade you are using. The thicker the material, the greater the spacing should be on your blade teeth. If you cut any green material, the blade can also accumulate sap and resin that will retard cutting action. I would remove the blade from the saw and clean it up in turpentine. DO NOT DO THIS WHILE THE BLADE IS ON THE MACHINE.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
        Reply to New tools
        by Quartz43
        I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
        Today, 03:40 PM
      • hotshot
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by hotshot
        You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
        Today, 02:27 PM
      • RJweb
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by RJweb
        I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
        Today, 01:31 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Shrink wrap systems
        by Linda In Phoenix
        What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
        Today, 11:51 AM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Sundays market
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
        Today, 11:39 AM
      Working...
      X