Ryobi Carver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi Carver

Just inherited a Ryobi DC500 power carver with an additional set of six carvers. Its brand new. Carver set never used. Is it a decent tool? I'm not a carver. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Ryobi Carver

I use mine for rough outs. It saves a lot of time and muscle work. I've done a lot of spoons for gifts, and it does a great job on hollowing out the bowls. If you need to remove a lot of background, it saves a lot of work that is pretty mindless.

Comment

??? THERE'S THAT WORD AGAIN! So what, exactly is a sthingy?

Comment

Maybe it's a son of a Finnian?

Comment

I don't know what that word is, but I know I didn't type it.

Comment

I just re-read that post, and I know the word I typed there was 'spoons', since I've been doing them for Christmas gifts, and the bowl is part of the 'spoon'.

Comment

Comment

Maybe you have a Finnian in your computer?!

I got a Ryobi carver for a gift and wondered what good it would do me as well. I have since used it to rough out everthing from a Great Blue Heron to a Green Winged Teal. I have not used it for detail work except for the beard on spirit face and it worked well for that. It does have it's place in the carvers shop.

Good Luck...

Comment

Censorship, sometimes mistakes a word for one that is objectionable. This happens often and is easly corrected by the board moderater.
                  Visit Easton, Md's Waterfowl Festival November 8th 9th and 10th.

Comment

So a 'sthingy' is a real word refering to an eating instrument? If that is so, I owe an apology to the person who posted a question about what wood is used to carve sthingies. I thought they were just being a smartalec! Of course, I still don't know exactly what it is or what wood to use but my comment about using 'Snipe Wood', although meant in good humor, was inappropriate. My apologies to whoever posted the question. :

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
                      Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      This is a custom order request. The pattern is by Harvey Byler purchased from WoodCraftByScott.com. I enlarged the pattern by 10%. Cut at home on the EX21 using FD UR #5 blades. The wood is Poplar approximately 7" x 9". Sanded with the Sand Flee and dipped in Shellac diluted 50% with...
                      Today, 10:43 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by Rolf
                      Quartz. What are you not certain of?
                      I needed to make a couple of custom sized Octagonal replacement windows, I wanted the most precision. I don't remember where I bought it. If I had seen the bi-directional Incra 1000 I probably would have bought it instead. With the 2000 you have to choose...
                      Today, 09:08 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                      by Rolf
                      Love every bit of it! The lighting really makes it pop. Would you mind sharing the source for the lights that you used?...
                      Today, 08:55 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                      by Rolf
                      I am very curious as to how the the slots were cut? The lathe work part of it is simple....
                      Today, 08:51 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Now that's one to make us smile! I've been meaning to try that sometime but procrastinating simply because I didn't stop to consider starting on an easier design to actually learn from. Great reminder. I love your jack-o-lantern!
                      Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    Working...
                    X